+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Delfim

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...wn-Smartphones... Smartphone News forum

Article: Nielsen: Almost Half of Mobile Subscribers in USA Own Smartphones

Advertisement

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    people with blackberrys ain't to concerned about having the best phones but rather just prefer to take out the device and have everyone think that they are rich, so they go for the iPhone. what I'm trying to say here is that they are only attracted to brand name popularity, so its pretty obvious that they won't go for a droid.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I think more former BlackBerry users switched to Android previously, back when VZW and Sprint had Android but not iPhone.

it should be interesting to see what happens this year, now that Windows Phone will finally get a marketing campaign, a new iPhone is released, and more new Androids continually surface.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'd tend to agree with Laura on this one.

At one point in time, especially here on PinStack, the only debate was BlackBerry vs. iPhone. Android was barely, if at all, in the picture yet.

As Laura said, when RIM started losing its grip and BlackBerry owners had an alternative technology to choose, I think the majority went with 'Droid over iPhone, just as spite for the sheer disdain they had for all things Apple.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    That's when I moved to Android. It wasn't for spite. It was because I considered Apple, and I still do, a "closed" environment dependent on iTunes and very much what Apple deems to be my choice. Don't misunderstand me here. I do value the philosophy behind Apple, the Macs and their iPhone/iPod//iPad operating systems. But I still prefer the freedom of Android. It's viciating.
    lak611 likes this.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Delfim, I agree with you.

I would choose Android over iPhone, if I were not getting Windows Phone. I do not own any Apple products, nor do I wish to buy Apple products now. I do use Windows PCs and have Office Professional. If I want to take advantage of continuity across various devices, Windows products make sense to me. iTunes is great on Macs, but it leaves a lot to be desired on PCs. I used iTunes only to download free songs from Starbucks; once I got the songs, I uninstalled iTunes, since I hated it.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread