+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ng-to-AT-amp-T... Smartphone News forum

Article: Nexus S Finally Coming to AT&T

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hm. Haven't I heard people say on this forum that this is the penultimate Android device? Del, was it you?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    If you're going to own a android. You might as well own the official one from google. It doesn't have all the junk and crap UI overlays like Samsung,Moto... It might not be the highest spec android device(this usually last only..what..2 weeks anyways) but it'll get the updates first. That's what you what.

Vanilla android has always been the best to me and probably always will.
    Last edited by BHP77; 07-22-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    THE NEXUS S is for Android, what the i4 is for iOS.
    IT'S A PITY APPLE ONLY HAS ONLY ONE.
    Great phone the Nexus S...I'm eagerly waiting for the powerful new one. It's just around the corner .
    Last edited by Delfim; 07-22-2011 at 06:51 AM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Really don't see how Apple could have more than one, well they do have two.

Is there any indication when the new one is going to be here?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I had one, exchanged for 3d. Overall a great device, I do miss vanilla gb.

However the S 4g on sprint suffered from crap wifi. I was also a bit concerned with its lack of expandable storage. Don't know if that's the same between the S and S 4g.

Its a good device, but I wouldn't give it greatest evo..er ever status.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I agree with everyone above -- I've come to the conclusion that having an android device not from google is like having a mac not from apple..you can, it's just stupid/frustrating. I can't believe the amount of "crap" that other phones have. Take the Galaxy S 4G -- they've clearly improved somethings (UI while on a call. THis is a disaster on vanilla android - can someone tell me why the bluetooth and mute buttons are as big as the speaker phone? and why is "add to call" as big as hang up. Why is it even on there... Bluetooth, and that should be in a sub-menu).

Anyway, but my gripe w/ the nexus s is the wifi strength. If you google, this is literally the #1 complaint. With my bold 9700, I could get wifi from the end of our street. With the nexus, I literally don't have wifi in our backyard. I go 2 rooms away from the router, and I get 1/3 bars (wifi analyzer confirms the DB strength crapping out too). So my problem with this is that as a company, you have to learn. This is unacceptable.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    That is why so many of these Android phones fail in sales. Too many of them. Variety is great but saturation is another thing. Just saying. I would love to own an android phone but what's the point if I buy one now next motorolla releases another with a bigger screen but does nothing about the resolution. That's technology i guess

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Sh, but if you love your android, she can be so sweet back

Then again autocorrect can bite you. Edit.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 07-22-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: ac fail love, not live.....

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Raton - why you think Moto Lola is a low-end product here in Europe?
    ...and, variety is the spice of life! Ever heard of that one?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    If you're going to own a android. You might as well own the official one from google. It doesn't have all the junk and crap UI overlays like Samsung,Moto... It might not be the highest spec android device(this usually last only..what..2 weeks anyways) but it'll get the updates first. That's what you what.

Vanilla android has always been the best to me and probably always will.
    The new iPhone is due September. Whether it's essentially the same phone with a bigger screen or not is the question. Definitely a new iOS. But a "new" iPhone 5 maybe at the end of the year or 2012. And... I'm sure Apple will introduce a cheaper model iPhone as well... The market beckons!

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Variety is good but not good for the consumer who's limitted with the updates. Why run the same OS on all devices then two months later tell me that my device isn't upgradable to the new OS. That's just a slap on the face something RIM would do to its costumers. :s
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Variety is good but not good for the consumer who's limitted with the updates. Why run the same OS on all devices then two months later tell me that my device isn't upgradable to the new OS. That's just a slap on the face something RIM would do to its costumers. :s
    Yeah but that's BB as we know it. Android and Google aren't comparable to BB and RIM.
    ... And you may say iOS doesn't do that. Oh no? Ask the Verizon iPhone owners.
    They all have some sort of shortcomings.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Blasphemy!!! The Verizon iPhone is not a true iPhone. Calling it an iPhone would be like calling Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ronaldo is Android. Neymar is WebOs.
    By the way be a good buddy and go help that Spanish hombre that's asking for auxílio on What's New...

+ Reply to Thread