+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-HD-vs-Surface... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Nexus 10 Specs vs iPad 4 vs Kindle Fire HD vs Surface

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    As it seems that most the emphasis is on graphics these days (particularly for the gaming crowd) isn't an high speed graphics processor an advantage. Even for web browsing, maps, spread sheets, PowerPoint etc fast rendering of the graphics can be huge. The next question is, if the software is written to take advantage of multi-core processors would not a quad core 1.3 GHz be faster than Dual core 1.7 GHz?

And this comes from someone that probably would never own an IPad

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You have a point. But look at the Note 2 as compared to the also fab SIII. The Galaxy SIII works at snail pace, almost, when you compare them. And they both (here at least) have quad-core (I believe the SIII @ 1.4Ghz and the other @ 1.7Ghz if I remember correctly). So no real challenge there. It´s when you see the RAM available that you start to understand the difference in speed and screen rendering.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Could be software not making good use of the hardware this is where over the years bloatware comes into play. Look at the size and requirements of Windows today vs the '80s, admittedly the software is far more powerful, even so I think the OS could be made far more efficient, it's just there is no longer a need to. This is where Apple has done well.

+ Reply to Thread