+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ne-Hipsters...... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: New Samsung Ad Targets iPhone Hipsters...

Advertisement

PIN/ID
    Apple
    It's funny. They're not going to win any iPhone users over from this. They need to call it back before it airs to save themselves the embarrassment.
    Last edited by BHP77; 11-23-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Grammatical error

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hmmm, like Mac didn't win any users from the (funny and slightly insulting) "I'm a Mac" ads?Don't think its a bad ad at all, and only the most diehard fans will find it insulting. Mainly because they see themselves in it........Its an ad. Its funny. Heck I'd find it funny if it were reversed. Personally I like the "how will people know I've upgraded?" line...but because I've actually heard it. Lets just see it as that. I mean with some effort I think YouTube could offer up copies of Apple ads that hit pc users hard. Didn't Apple essentially accuse pc users of Orwellian obedience with an ad? Thought that was a great ad as well.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    None of that matters b/c in two weeks that phone will be one up'd by another Samsung or Andriod device anyway so the Apple angle is null. If the message is to iPhone users then good luck on that one. The Gold Standard is still the Gold Standard.
    BHP77 likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Variety is the spice of life. An old adage that holds true anyday. ..But, to raise a tech fickle gizmo to commodity status is greatly exaggerated, don't you think?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Not when we're talking about Android.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Oh probably so but I was trying to make a point and it seemed to fit with the idea of the commercial. It's just another commercial for another device that again tries to compare itself to the iPhone.

It's amazing how many commercials make reference to or compare itself to the iPhone. That really says it all, so no real need to comment.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ point taken. No need then to belittle others. And this thought obviously suits both the goose and gander.I personnally don't agree on anyone trying to get merit by using or pirating someone else's virtues. That's major hypocrisy. Having said that the reality is different, and in this particular case there's no love lost or ethics between the two contenders. C'est la vie...

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    "9 hours down and we're almost in the door"That had me Lmao! Great commercial.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    No, Apple never said anything about Windows users just the machines they were using. Not anything like this ad. This ad targets, just as the title says, iphone users. And does so in a negative way by insulting them. I don't know what type of business that any of you are in but if I insulted a customer for using a different product than my own then turned around and asked them to buy my product, I'd get laughed at. This is exactly what Samsung is going to get. From the the majority of smartphone users on one brand. I just don't get it.

Maybe samsung need to focus on getting more of the android market because if they do air this. They are sure to lose potential customers. Dumb move IMO. They must have been drinking when they approved this.

Geez. As if the folks who are portrayed in the ad (and don't kid yourself, they exist) would even come down off their golden thrones with their gold standard phones and consider switching? The only way Hipster doofuses would switch from any device to another would be if it suddenly becomes cooler to have said device.

What worries me more is the insult aspect. When did everyone lose their sense of humor? Oh I'm wondering how this would be if the roles would be reversed? I can tell you I wouldn't be insulted, I'd LAUGH. I believe this is what it is, an ad.

As for poor old Apple, they'd never do anything such as this. Wait, yes they would, but just be a bit more sly. The 1984 ad implied that pc users were controlled by their machines. Insulting? Perhaps.I'm a Mac ads implied just as much. Representing PC as a suited, slightly chunky older man while Macs were hip young guys. C'mon, tell me that wasn't also a representation of the users as well. It was, and was a deliberate message to consumers....be cool, get a Mac. The content was also a bit sketchy, but hey, it was their ad.

In any event I just don't see the insulting part, unless maybe it hits too close to home.Anyway...that's all I'm going to say on this. Its an ad that does nothing that hasn't been done, its funny (to Android users I guess), and go Sammy

Wait...I guess if you ARE a Barista and actually creative....well then I suppose you'd be insulted.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I think what they were going for is the "don't wait" idea. what they did was add comments that to the people that use iPhones comes off as my product is better than yours and your dumb for waiting in line. Without showing WHY their product is the better choice. Samsung wishes they had people waiting in line foe their products. Apple is number one. They don't need to compare to anyone. They are number one and have been and will be for some time. Smasung could have done what they wanted to without the comments that attack iPhone users. These are potential customers and obviously the ones they want. Just bad taste in going about it. Why didn't they just do like they always do and copy apple. Seems to working for them so far. See what happens when you have to think for yourself.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    lol... Hilarious ad.

This is great cause this commercial is so true its not even funny lol

Every iPhone owner I know is a hipster and everyone I know that owns an Android can't afford a car so they ride the bus... omg lol

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    lol... Hilarious ad.

Every iPhone owner I know is a hipster and everyone I know that owns an Android can't afford a car so they ride the bus... omg lol
    I'm insulted......I peddle my Droid lovin' butt, thank you very much. Basket, bell, and Droid for life!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    lol... Hilarious ad.

I too thinks it's funny as it's true to some of the users. What I can't understand is mocking and insulting those users to try t o win them to your product. I know one person that fits that description of a iPhone user. I just think the ad targets it's potential customers the wrong way. Hey, I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I'm insulted......I peddle my Droid lovin' butt, thank you very much. Basket, bell, and Droid for life!
    Grow up Jay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast