+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By catstide

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...itely-be-metal... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: New report says Galaxy S5 will definitely be metal

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Unibody = No Removable Battery?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It looks that way. Took time for them to catch-up (?) with HTC, it seems. These guys haven't figured out how to match two surfaces made of metal (aluminium?). Plastic and even glass is fine...ask Apple. Even Nokia (the 925 being in aluminium).
    Maybe SEIDIO can help...
    Last edited by Delfim; 12-03-2013 at 02:06 PM.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    That battery is quite a jump from the current 2600mAh battery. Maybe we won't need a removable battery...
    RogerG likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    That battery is quite a jump from the current 2600mAh battery. Maybe we won't need a removable battery...
    True. I get really good battery life on my Note. It's just nice to be able to whip it out once in awhile.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I'm setting here looking at my S4 wrapped in a Defender Series and thinking what difference does it make whether it is plastic or metal? Haven't pulled my battery since I rooted and customized my ROM so not sure why I would care about that either.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I've never "had" to pull my battery. I just get a bit of comfort with a spare battery in my pocket.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I carry a couple of external batteries "just in case" and have found them useful

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I'm setting here looking at my S4 wrapped in a Defender Series and thinking what difference does it make whether it is plastic or metal? Haven't pulled my battery since I rooted and customized my ROM so not sure why I would care about that either.
    I have to agree. I have my S3 in a Commuter case. No way you could tell if it was plastic or metal, nor does it matter. Seems like almost all the smartphones I see are in some kind of case, as they should be. In the eight months or so since I've had the S3, I don't think I've had to do a battery pull once, but it is nice to have that ability just in case...or if the battery gets really bad. (On the other hand, the LG g2X I had previously required a battery pull at least once a week...)

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I saw an article about a week ago which teaches anyone how to build an android smartphone cheap, with top hardware specs, the best screen etc etc.
    I reckon you guys should take this up! Honestly!
    To wrap the monstrosity up all you guys need to do is slap one of these cases on the contraption and no one would be the wiser...Geez!
    Edit: OH Heck, this post would be better understood in Roger's case review. Here its more on batteries. Mmm...
    Ok nevermind, it's still suitable. Imagine! Take the case off and you could change batteries and everything else too!
    Last edited by Delfim; 12-04-2013 at 03:00 PM.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    If you look back at my previous posts(year or so ago,under the other name) I said that Samsung should buy Palm's OS. I stand by that. It was already awesome, just needed a big name like Samsung to get behind it.

+ Reply to Thread