+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-photographers... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: New Nokia Lumia 1020 ad boasts “Nothing else comes close”, appeals

Advertisement

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm almost ready to give up my Z10 for this one. With the way Blackberry now does email I don't get what I use that fast any more so maybe it's time to try something else

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Early reports have Del saying it's a great device. I have a Lumia 521 that I use as a Solavei loaner device. Not a bad little phone, so I can imagine the 1020 is pretty nice.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Rog, it's greatly "UNDER RATED". It's a recognition problem that Nokia and Windows carry. They hope this phone will turn this perception around. Hardware (Nokia) is top rate. You'll NOT find anything coming close. And this says a lot. And I'm not talking camera...Windows 8 has somehow matured and all their apps are top notch. The devs have, and are, doing great work. LTE/4G is permanent...even in my WC in the country. LOL. Superlatives? Yes. It deserves it. Great smartphone and the 4.5" screen very, very black screen is a wonderful thing! Nothing around compares.
    RogerG likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    So, think you just ruined any suspense about the upcoming review.
    Delfim likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Theres quite a bit more... no surprises for those that have read up on it. But, yeah you can guess what I'll say. Can you?

Stopped at my local Best Buys to see if they were going to carry it and they said NO. I can order it but they are not going to stock them. No wonder nothing sells besides Iphone and Samsungs, it's the only thing they keep in stock. Sad isn't it. Hate ordering a phone but with the lack of support for the blackberries her in the US I'm about to give up my Z.

Wow, that's kinda crazy that Best Buy won't be carrying it.

Some store will just not mine. Says they are too small. About 3 months ago they double the size of the cell phone department at this store but yet they are too small carry this phone. I never walk in there that they are not selling a phone to somebody and if it's in the evening or weekend they are always busy. But I think this goes along way to say why the iphones and galaxy's sell so well.

Another local reseller for AT&T here had a demo 1020 in 2 weeks ago so they would be ready to sell them once they released so I got to play with one. Seems like a nice phone. Been with BB for 10 years now but this one looks like it could make me leave them if I can figure out how to get one

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Good luck with your choice. It seems to be limited where you are. That´s no good.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    currently for my next upgrade I'm deciding between the 520 and 620, with a little consideration for the 820 due to the LTE.

is Windows the same on all phones ? I hardly notice a performance or responsive speed difference between the 520,620,720,820 or 920 except for city lense but that is all. Though still curious about battery life of the lumias but definitely considered as my next upgrade. but I here that the next version of Windows will roll out late this year or early next year so I'm not sure how to time it.

BTW looking forward to that review Dell

I have the 521 that I'm using for a loaner device for people to test out Solavei service in their area. Neat little phone.

Windows 8 is gonna be the same on any of those devices.q

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The basic functions of all Lumias are the same. Hardware, size of screen, processor and RAM is different in all of them. As for Windows, there´s a functional improvement of "on board" apps soon, coupled with a few extras from Nokia, and a major upgrade towards the end of the year.
    It´s worth considering 4G/LTE if its functioning in your area KTW. It's just that the antennae setup on these Nokias lock on and don't let go.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    The basic functions of all Lumias are the same. Hardware, size of screen, processor and RAM is different in all of them. As for Windows, there´s a functional improvement of "on board" apps soon, coupled with a few extras from Nokia, and a major upgrade towards the end of the year.
    It´s worth considering 4G/LTE if its functioning in your area KTW. It's just that the antennae setup on these Nokias lock on and don't let go.
    I'm happy with 3G, yes it can be rather slow at times especially when browsing videos but is it worth paying so much more to just have LTE. I've never tested LTE but is there even a noticeable difference in speed or is it like 3G compared to HSDPA+. Besides I'll probably get it on Cellc's network (their prices and deals are the best in RSA ). but still very poor coverage with LTE. if having LTE, Vodacom would be the only option at about R400 with me having to purchase additional talk time and perhaps more data. I'd rather wait for LTE to finish flooding the SA market and get an LTE enabled device at a much lower price.

but do Nokia's hold 3G signal (WCDMA/CDMA) very well ? even in poor/slow 3G network areas?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast