+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bmay82
  • 2 Post By CombatGOD
  • 1 Post By chokem
  • 1 Post By rdills

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-iPhone-5-Pics... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: New iPhone 5 Pics..

Advertisement

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Not enough change to make me want one, unless the internals are insane fast and ground breaking.....don't personally see that happening.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.46.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/19.0.1084.60 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yuck. I dun like it.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well guys, that's what we´re gonna get.
    Unless the insides are so ground breaking, like B says, I´ll stick to i4S. And the iOS6. Probably move on to Windows 8 come the end of the year. Dang, if Rog can go Droid I'll go Windows. Just to maintain us on PS multi faceted. Golly that's no good. Mark and Lak are on Windows too. Ok I'll try BB10 then. Next year.
    Last edited by Delfim; 07-29-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Lol...I could never go back to a Windows phone...good luck with that Del. Our new driver at work just ordered that nokia windows phone and should have it by tomorrow...I'll let you know if my opinion has changed.. (highly doubt that will happen).
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^ you're in for a big surprise B. Seriously.

Maybe your right....all I see when I think "windows mobile" is the old school HTC Tilt lol

Follow Me on Twitter

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.46.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/19.0.1084.60 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Do you really think Apple could be as ignorant as RIM and release something like this? I don't buy it. Granted Steve Jobs is no longer with us, but I don't think for a minute that Apple would rest on its laurels in the wake of the SIII and other such devices on the market.
    Last edited by RogerG; 07-29-2012 at 04:36 PM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I hope you right Rog. I really do.

Me 3 Roger....they have a track record of using the same design 2 years running and then completely changing....this is to much like the last to variants. I really hope they don't release this...It will flop compared to past releases....
    chokem likes this.

Follow Me on Twitter

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I agree. After the 4S was released, they received a LOT of flak about not changing styles. I believe (hope) they changed and did not simply elongate the 4/4S.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

CombatGOD no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm not convinced of this design. My reasons are, 1- They haven't changed the design in 2 years and as chokem said they received a lot of flak for that. Expectations were high. 2- because expectations were high, I imagine that they lost potential new customers because of this and lost existing customers that were liking for a change and didn't get it. 3- Tim Cook said himself that they were "doubling down" on secrecy of new devices. The iPhone being their biggest. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw the device that all the case manufactures exposed last year being the actual device that's released and that these are just apples leaks to throw people off and to not get expectations up as high as they were when the 4S was released. Without that big expectation, and apple did leak these current mockups out, the new iPhone with a complete redesign will possibly be bigger that the original and the 4 combined. It will bring the wow back.
    chokem and bmay82 like this.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well, with everyone telling Apple how great they are, why would they change? The only way Apple will stop spoon feeding you guys these minor updates is if the people stop praising their obvious short falls. Keeping the same design on the 4s should have been met with pure outrage. While there was some, most people accepted it, and still bought it anyway. Same screen. Same design. Same UI. Just a modern processor and Siri.

I really hope Apple comes with it this time. It would mean more pressure on Google and the Android manufacturers to keep up the pace. And that means great times ahead for me.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    My experience with Android admittedly is fairly limited. I had the HTC Inspire for roughly six weeks, but long enough to know that the 4S (and i4) blows it away, except of course in the fragmentation category.
    TeriO likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    That may be true Chokem, but the Inspire doesn't even make the top 10 of Android phones that's available. If you don't like fragmentation, which I do like it, then you go Nexus. Problem solved.

I just hope Apple can bring something special this time. The competition would be great for all of us. Because right now Android has no real competition. Go try out the Nexus 7 and you'll understand the true meaning of blown away. Jellybean is crushing everything.

Forgive me. I have new device intoxication.... I'm in love with the N7.
    RogerG likes this.

+ Reply to Thread