+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Just read that people are likely to reach their limit on data very quickly on ... Smartphone News forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Just read that people are likely to reach their limit on data very quickly on 4G so they will be capped, then there are complaints about WiFi not working so well, signal is weaker, temperatures higher because of bigger battery and processor, finally for today when playing games using a lot of CPU and graphics the USB is not capable of charging the battery and run the game. So my question is how much of this is true and actually being experienced and causing problems and how much is people just complaining because it's Apple? Some of the information comes from Consumer Report.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^ I believe Apple's blog is flooded with complaints. Except for a warm lap there are happy campers all over. More traffic for the carriers to eventually cap or charge more... And even more iPads will be sold. Why ? C'mon, we must try out these new features...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I remember reading that they have a recommended ambient temperature in which the IPad can be used, above which it will likely power down to protect the device. I might just go out and buy one to keep myself warm in the Canadian winters, (woke up to snow this morning, everything has turned white again ) It would have to be a black otherwise if I dropped it I would not be able to find it in the snow. Other advantages would be having on during an avalanche it would melt its way out for you. Temperatures here unlikely to go above recommended room temperature. I could even lower my thermostat slightly and let the IPad add the extra heat. So many pluses over the Playbook!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    So they reckon that the IPad is not running any hotter than the Android tablets, (they don't mention which ones), so everything is fine right? Is this the same as the comment during antennagate, (all phones have this issue, only no-one else noticed it with their phones). Do we have a problem coming down the road with lawsuits for people being burnt by these various devices? Will there be heat sync trolls turning up?? What comes next?

I noticed on the tech blogs that there is a company that has developed a very slim liquid cooling system, (hope it's patented) this will be a useful addition to all systems as CPU's get faster and batteries get larger to compensate for the high resolution screens, so all we will need then will be unlimited hyper fast download speeds along with Terrabytes of storage space to allow us to display the images on the super high res screens, it will end up like our PC's, when disk space was limited software was written to be minimal in size, now I could not even load windows on to my old super large 40Mb (yes Megabyte for all you youngsters out there) hard drive.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    So they reckon that the IPad is not running any hotter than the Android tablets, (they don't mention which ones), so everything is fine right? Is this the same as the comment during antennagate, (all phones have this issue, only no-one else noticed it with their phones). Do we have a problem coming down the road with lawsuits for people being burnt by these various devices? Will there be heat sync trolls turning up?? What comes next?
    lol

The only problem with this is that there aren't a whole lot of tablets out there that can burn people beside the iPad. Android tablets, Playbooks, could only cause harm to a shelf... in a warehouse... not being sold... and not being used.

Unless you count the Kindle Fire, but if that lived up to it's name, it would be kinda awesome.
    dushdavj likes this.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    lol

The only problem with this is that there aren't a whole lot of tablets out there that can burn people beside the iPad. Android tablets, Playbooks, could only cause harm to a shelf... in a warehouse... not being sold... and not being used.

Unless you count the Kindle Fire, but if that lived up to it's name, it would be kinda awesome.
    This is part of RIM's plan, place enough Playbooks on the shelf so that they heat up and burn the other tablets, then release more Playbooks as the only option to purchase

I haven't noticed the Playbook running hot, but then it has a smaller screen and battery that last 12+ hours so it is probably just better made!!
    Capdot likes this.

With the kind of apps and sceen that are on the Playbook, it could prolly run off a watch battery.

I joke.

I love the Playbook, and I may get one myself. I used my brothers for a week and it grew on me.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    That's the trouble with them, they do grew on you, more so than the IPad, (my wife's IPad2 hasn't made me want to get the new IPad). I have 2 Playbooks a 16 Gb and a 64 Gb, I leave them together hoping they will procreate hoping the issue will be a new BB10 Nothing yet though! I use one for work and one personal.

Don't be selfish. Give me the 16 gb.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    , I may donate it to a worthy cause, trouble is my daughter's IPad is slowly giving up the ghost so I will see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12