+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

^^^ You can't be referring to me?! I would never mock anything, it's just not ... Smartphone News forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

^^^ You can't be referring to me?! I would never mock anything, it's just not in me to do so
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Look what these two wise guys did... They filled the thread with their mockery. It's ruined.
    Henceforth known as...Capmock!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    If it wasn't for that pauper of a screen I might have considered this my next phone.

What was Samsungs reasoning going with a pentile display? So many Android fans hate pentile.
    So many android gear heads and tech snobs hate lentils.
    Honestly doubt Joe blow knows the pentile from a hole in the ground.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Joe Blow will know something is amuck after staring into 4.8 inches of mediocrity all day.

Grrrrrrr.

About all I'm willing to type at this time.

(Insert some clever comment here)

Owe you one?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Cap you are getting as bad as another former poster who shall remain nameless.

Pentile on a flagship device is terrible anyway you slice it. There's no point trying to make it acceptable, you are just wasting your time and energy.

I disagree, and you know my feelings on that.
    Cap has a sense of humor, and I have to admit there is usually some grain of truth to his posts.

And he's going to be my phone bud....for life.

(Figure you were kidding, but muscle meds kicking in)

We were going to be pals until Samsung ruined it...

I've been thinking about it Cap, best I can guess is cost? I don't know.

I'm holding out hope it gets some tweaks as the S2 did when it came stateside. We know it wont be quad, it will be an S4. Sprints S2 has a larger screen and notification light. That proves that carriers can get changes. Look at what sprint did with the Evo.

Pentile isn't great. However there is more to this devi e than a screen. The galaxy series now has a following that is borderline fanatical like the iPhone crowd Samsung mocks. How many minor upgrades have iphone owners endured and still lined to to buy?

Android owners can be firckle. Those with money to spend that is. There are going to be a lot of galaxy S users who's 2 years are up. They will most likely stay with the galaxy series, maybe tmove to the HTC, and a few will go to the iphone. Common Joe's will most likely go with what has worked (assuming they are happy), so that screen wont mean squat. Hell, I bet they wont know its a flagship.

This phone has some interesting new software enhancements, they can't be ignored. Honestly, screen aside, how cool is it that the darn thing knows when you're looking at it? What you're looking at? What to do with it after you look?

Admit that if it were on an iPhone folks would be screaming it from the rooftops and everyone would want it.
    I've read thread after thread, article after article, and so many are focusing on the damn CPU or screen and ignoring the moat significant improvement ...that thing every iphone user rubs in every android owners face...the user expirience.

Mark my words. Stuff like this will be appearing now on other devices...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    A modern day Hatfields & McCoys Link Cap wait another month and I'm sure you will have another chance with new releases. Something tells me you won't do it tho

Android Police SIII designed by Layers
    Last edited by srl7741; 05-04-2012 at 10:51 PM.

tingfengainiaini no está en línea Stack level 1

samsung

i just wanna say , this phone ,cool^^^
    Pentile on a flagship device is terrible anyway you slice it. There's no point trying to make it acceptable, you are just wasting your time and energy.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quad core with a bit of a lag? Not as impressive as I thought it would be. Maybe we are at a point where no more can be upgraded on a phone?!This phone barely beats an SII or a 4S. i still think the HTC One X beats this and the features it doesn't have will probably be available soon.Maybe I want to much out of phones these days.At least this phone still has to be compared to the iPhone 4S. I love it! Whenever I see the comparison, I still know who's on top!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12