+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...g-Galaxy-S-III... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: The New Features In The Samsung Galaxy S III

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I don't understand your footnote, other than a removable battery and SD Slot the current iPhone along with older models already have those features.

Call me CraZy but I don't understand this one. I'm only referring to the things listed above.

I will go re-read it just in case I'm having a bad day. .

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Steve, let me run this again:Camera - Zero lag, burst, and does any phone take all the photos and choose the best eight? Or link new photos to your contacts, open files, and store them accordingly? Or send them automatically to the people you usually share or care to share with (this an option you can switch off), and the one you identified, how many phones give you 32Gb or 64Gb PLUS the MicroSd? Wireless charging ? I know you can buy wireless matts from Duracell and others, but I don't know of a smartphone supplier that does, or the fact that the screen doesn't dim or switch off if it sees you´re still reading? And all the Share apps that it has - All Share Cast for video streaming, Play and Group Cast? And then of course, Pop-Up Play. Tell you what, I'll try and write a sms, lift the i4S or the GSII or the Note after writing the text and see if they will automatically place a call to the person I'm writing to.
    I'm obviously missing something here. I've searched my iS4 for them, and I can't find them. No wait, I do have Bump. But then after taking a photo I have to leave the phone app get into Bump and access the camera app and tell it what to do. It's like multi tasking on the iPhone. In and out, open and close. Nothing like the present multi-tasking on Android which is fine, but PopUp will take the cake on this one... simultaneous and superimposed on your home screen.
    Let me add this one:
    Smart Alerts: Vibrate the phone after being idle if the user has missed messages or phone calls.
    I don't want to compare the functions of SIRI with S-Play. Each one to his own. Except to say, that if you ever go London, Lisbon, Paris or anywhere outside the US, S-Play will guide you. And it will tell you the local weather. At least you won't get a voice telling you that maps aren't available or weather forecasts for the area you're in, aren't available as well. Or doctors, or hospitals or pharmacies...I hope you never need Siri out here, in the rest of the world.
    This all matters.
    I'm sorry I'm hopping on this. Maybe I don't understand.

Last edited by Delfim; 05-04-2012 at 03:57 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Whoa, bad day for Steve and Del quit smoking. Let's take it easy here, fellas.

The SIII definitely has some great new features, some of which they showed will be in BB10. Apple has a challenge laid out for them and they'd better not disappoint.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Ahhh, I'm ok now, just needed a Lil' clarification and caffein

When your young it's ll about sex, drugs and rock&roll. When your old like me it all about caffein & sugar.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Lol Rog. Ok but no bad feelings here. Steve has points to make. So do I. It's all ok. I respect Steve, and his knowledge is something I always value. He probably has good points to make and I'll be attentive. This makes for a good discussion I think.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    If it wasn't for that pauper of a screen I might have considered this my next phone.

What was Samsungs reasoning going with a pentile display? So many Android fans hate pentile.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    When your young it's ll about sex, drugs and rock&roll. When your old like me it all about caffein & sugar.
    I thought it was all about smartphones!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well at least you aren't all attacking blackberry, but I am sure that once the heat cools down and the guys in the US realize the SIII won't be here for some time to come, they'll start complaining that RIM is not producing on the goods, then if the rumors on Apple are true and they don't release in October everyone will say that's ok Apple are retooling for a liquid metal phone, which has an enormous screen when you are watching movies and smaller screen for one handed texting, and folds up to a tiny pocketable footprint for carrying, in addition to knowing when you want to make a call/text/play games etc, all by checking your temperature, and your movements, it will even alert the necessary emergency services if you stop moving for more than 3 minutes which will also keep you fit.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^now you're provoking us? Your turn will come. Actualy, no let's do it right now!
    BB is a pipe-dream...still ! If we go by RIM's past promises, there is one statement that needs clarification. They said BB10 for the end of the year, if I recall. Well dammit, they didn't say which year.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Just to help along, here are the main tech specs, compared to the present iPhone 4S. And I'm not doing this to belittle Apple. The purpose is to let your imagination run and wonder what Tim & Co. will come up with. It's not that daunting...

iPhone 4S Galaxy S III
    Connectivity HSPA+ HSPA+ (4G LTE on the way)
    Display 3.5 inches 4.8 inches
    Resolution 960 x 640 720 x 1280
    Operating System iOS 5 Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    Storage 16, 32, or 64 GB 16 or 32 GB (64 GB on the way), additional SD storage
    Weight 140 g 133 g
    Dimensions 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
    Camera 8 MP 8 MP
    Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, light, compass Accelerometer, compass, gyro, barometer, proximity, light
    Processor 1 GHz dual-core 1.4 GHz quad-core

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    BB is a pipe-dream...still ! If we go by RIM's past promises, there is one statement that needs clarification. They said BB10 for the end of the year, if I recall. Well dammit, they didn't say which year
    Google will go out of business (due to privacy issues) you saw it here first ;p Apple will be hit with such a large fine for tax evasion (in order to help the US pay off it's national debt), that they will not be able to release the new IPhone then RIM will take advantage and purchase Microsoft, wait which Universe am I in at the moment, Oh sorry I forget I had moved

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^^
    No more OIL fields for you to find then...and we''ll go back to the abacus style phone ...´cause there´s no oil to produce the necessary by.products...and I'll be fossilized.
    I need a smoke.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^^ LOL Del, just stay away from those ciggy things!!!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Look what these two wise guys did... They filled the thread with their mockery. It's ruined.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast