+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RemyKirin

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...You-re-Driving... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: New Device Disables Your Phone While You're Driving

Advertisement

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I could see this being popular for company vehicles too. The businesses might get lower insurance rates for their drivers if they install these devices in their cars.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Screw that, Im not paying alot of money to disable a phone that I spent alot of money to get those features? Aint gonna happen. Its almost as much as the phone. Second I use my phone while driving, I mount it on my dash and use the turn by turn navigation, which requires data/web access. Next this thing relies on bluetooth communication, therefore if I have my bluetooth off it doesnt connect that seems simple enough that even a teenager can figure it out. This is just another thing thats supposed to take the place of proper upbringing and personal responsibility. In the end it might help commercial fleets reduce their insurance premiums but it will make lil difference. And not only that but Ill tell you right now I dont care what company I work for, unless they buy me a smartphone AND pay monthly service (at which point its not my phone Im just borrowing it), I wouldnt install a voluntary low jack on my personal device.
    Capdot and BHP77 like this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I normally don't agree with Remy when he posts, but this made me stand up, tears in my eyes, and applaud.

A real poet.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I normally don't agree with Remy when he posts, but this made me stand up, tears in my eyes, and applaud.

A real poet.
    lmao
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

+ Reply to Thread