+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-the-iPad-Mini... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: My Take on the iPad Mini

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I firmly believe this is Apple showing its colors. For a company that screams innovation and magic, it is seemingly pedestrian now. Looks to me as if its starting to take those loyal fans for granted. Amusingly it also seems they're doing what ifans have smacked android manufacturers around for. Multiple devices that are not really all that different.

Apple had an opportunity to answer its critics and deliver a revamped iPhone. One that included what its users wanted. Don't tell me that screen is what folks meant by "larger" screen. The marketing of "one finger" usage is laughable and an excuse.

Now a 7 inch tab that falls short of its brothers specs, and most android tabs. Lets not forget Surface just around the corner. Hello Apple, its 2010 and its for you. Actually Apple you're stuck in 2007.

Remember when your followers were just batceap crazy and the market was yours? Remember when "magical" was just a marketing term and not a 1000lb weight around your neck?

Remember when Jobs was alive?

So now, 4 months after you release your newest version of the iPad dubbed (maybe ironically) New iPad, you release another iPad. Folks dropped hundreds of dollars on your New iPad only for it to be new for 4 months. 4 months.

Apple, oh how your OS has lost its luster as well. Once exceptional and revolutionary now its static and stale. The once legendary quality has disappeared and replaced by such winning apps like iMaps. The only thing ground breaking anymore is just how quickly you run to the courts crying foul over trolled inventions. Thankfully looks like the USPO has caught on.

Your customers deserve better. They deserve EXACTLY what the rant and tell the world. The deserve legendary, visionary, innovative, and creative. They've given you their loyalties only to be taken advantage of. Yet STILL they defend you. Still they swear by the Almighty Fruit and reject all others.

Shame on you Apple.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Geez Jay. I thought I was gonna get lambasted...well, I suppose that´s still to come.
    Man. We have a saying here: One kills, the other takes the scalp!
    Appropriate.
    jfcooley likes this.

Just sayin. I think these releases are not Apple being Apple but Apple realizing that there are very real threats out there.

I hope they also realize there are very real, very intelligent users of their products as well as blinded sheep. They better hope those intelligent users don't start speaking with their money.

BTW, is the stock up today?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Apparently immediately down 8 bucks on the announcement. But that´s pennies. It will go up again. Too much and too many financials running after Apple. Can´t afford to loose.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    lol Cooley. You crazy guy.

I am a bit conflicted to say the least. I was going to buy my daughter a new iPod touch for Christmas this year, but this thing is only $30 more. She would enjoy the bigger screen, but damn, this thing is of yesteryear. I am now thinking about getting her a Nexus 7 but the internal storage puts me off. Shes getting older and her music library is growing and I don't want her to have to delete apps or movies just to fit more music or games on it. Isn't there a 32gb Nexus 7 rumor going around?

Please advise, Pinstack.

Damn you Apple, damn you to hell!

And damn you Google for no sdcard on the nexus 7!

Its otw @ $249 I think
    Capdot likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    32 Gb on the 29th October Cap...
    Capdot likes this.

You must spread some Trust Level around before giving it to jfcooley again.
    Have to spread more love around before "giving it to Cooley again"

Thanks fellas. I think I am going to go with the Nexus 7.
    jfcooley likes this.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I picked up the Asus Google Nexus 7 and wish I had not. With no SD slot it's a killer if you pack alot of goodies. I don't but the other downfall is the forward camera only, which I thought was a bit crazy because it didn't even come with the camera app loaded. It will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I picked up the Asus Google Nexus 7 and wish I had not. With no SD slot it's a killer if you pack alot of goodies. I don't but the other downfall is the forward camera only, which I thought was a bit crazy because it didn't even come with the camera app loaded. It will have to do.
    WTH? No rear camera?

I guess when you can sell it for 199 you can cut a lot of corners.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    No rear camera and have you tried taking a picture without sticking your face around the corner to see if the object you want to snap is even in the screen? It sucks, I let Jay and Del talk me into it, well that's not really the case either other than it's what they suggested but it was my choosing so I'll live with it and hey I won it taboot so what the hey

I'd buy it from you if I could afford it. Happily.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Well it was a big step up from the Nook Color but only because of the camera, and maybe a little faster rom, it's okay the only thing I really do with it is play words with friends, draw something, and song pop with members of the family. Oh and yes I go into PinStack of course.

I'm hoping one day...
    Hate the Fire. With a passion. Want one for me and my boys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast