+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by TeriO Cause I am cheap cheap cheap. If I know I can ... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    Cause I am cheap cheap cheap. If I know I can get it for free in just a little bit longer, then I can wait. Besides, let you hard core (and I mean that with the deepest respect) phone techs work out the kinks first. :-)
    You´ll get the final iOs 5 by mid September, round about, when Apple will automatically make it available via iTunes. And that´s for free as always. After that update, Apple will be able to push any update via OTA directly to the iPhone.
    But...even iOS 5 is lame, and will continue to be lame, compared to what a JB´d phone can do, and for free. Some good apps are available on Cydia that Apple doesn´t carry, and these apps are what make the difference. And what Apple is trying to copy into the iOS 5. But they´re doing it very slowly. And poorly as well.
    So, hit up JailbreakMe.com on your iPhone and do it ! Feel free, at last ! (Sorry, I quoted someone here...)
    I´ll be posting the apps that are worth getting on Cydia. I´ve done an article on them - I´ll just add a link on THIS ARTICLE. Keep an eye out !
    Last edited by Delfim; 07-13-2011 at 02:33 PM.

pink2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for posting that link to the article. Interesting reading, maybe I'll think about doing that to mine. Stupid question - can you still get apps from the Apple App Store as well?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by pink2 View Post
    Thanks for posting that link to the article. Interesting reading, maybe I'll think about doing that to mine. Stupid question - can you still get apps from the Apple App Store as well?
    Yes no problem there !
    The only thing you have to worry about iTunes is NOT TO RESTORE the i4. Unless you want to ... or have to, because of some serious problem.
    You´ll also have Cydia and inumerous other sources to download applications from.

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Yes no problem there !
    The only thing you have to worry about iTunes is NOT TO RESTORE the i4. Unless you want to ... or have to, because of some serious problem.
    You´ll also have Cydia and inumerous other sources to download applications from.
    Will the iTunes still sync the Cydia apps as well? If I want to go back to non-Jailbreak is it easy to do that as well?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Will the iTunes still sync the Cydia apps as well? If I want to go back to non-Jailbreak is it easy to do that as well?
    No. That it won´t do. But...
    Cydia does keep records of you purchases (the apps that actually cost money) and once you need to re-install they´ll be in your account with Cydia.
    There are other suppliers in Cydia (I´m thinking of Instalous) that allows for the apps to appear on iTunes. But this is rarety !

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    like delfim said cydia apps will not show up in itunes but app store apps that are downloaded using installous will show up in itunes.

yes it is easy to go back to non-jailbroken...but you probably won't want to.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Nope. Lovin' my jailbreak! Sporting a Windows 7 theme at the moment, sounds and all.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Windows 7 with Dreamboard? (Dreamboard made my phone crash alot)

Lame but one of my favorite things about being jailbroke is having unlimited skips in Pandora radio....lol
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post

Lame but one of my favorite things about being jailbroke is having unlimited skips in Pandora radio....lol
    ehh..not lame.pretty cool but that is know where near my favorite part. i have so many favorite parts i couldn't even start to rank them...but lockinfo has to be towards the top of my list.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I hear ya.....I just happen to be listening to Pandora right now lol.

I use:
    Unlimited Skips (Unlimited skips for Pandora versions 3.1.4, 3.1.8, and 3.1.11 only)
    3G Unrestricter ( Facetime over 3G, download apps from app store that are over the normal 3G size limit)
    qTweeter (Post to twitter and/or Facebook from any app, just swipe down from top to open)
    FakeCarrier (change your carrier (ATT or Verizon) to what ever you want)
    LockInfo (customizable lockscreen alerts)
    Pull to Refresh (swipe down to refresh mail)
    SBsettings (one swipe opens up toggles for wifi, bluetooth, airplane, data, brightness, etc....customizable with themes and add ons)
    Installous (free apps)
    Barrel (special effects when swiping through your screens)
    Bolt (hides battery)

And custom email alerts and various FREE ringtones
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

Thanks for all the responses. I think what interests me the most the the app to easily toggle the bluetooth (that is my biggest complaint about my phone, is the time it takes me to get it turned on so it'll sync with my car) and the notifications app. If I can find some time this weekend I think I'll take the plung. I have iOS 4.3.3 on my device now - is that okay?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    yep 4.3.3 can be jailbroken

Pink, go to this thread for a super easy way to jailbreak 4.3.3.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    i think i'm about to jb my daughters touch just to see if it works

LOL! Go for it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast