+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ce-Of-The-Week... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: My App Choice Of The Week

Advertisement

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I quite enjoy this app. Particularly when family or friends (and fiends) are catching a flight somewhere or arriving.
    You can follow the flight, from any airline, any type of plane, anywhere in the world. It's amazing when you zoom out and find that even in the remotest of areas there are planes flying over. In this instance it's fun pointing the smartphone to the plane in the sky and getting all the details of the flight in real time.
    Just the other night, close to midnight, I was waiting for the arrival of my son just shy of the airport, when I saw another flight "crossing" the path of his Ryanair flight from Paris. The other flight was AA at 35000ft on its way from New York to Abu Dhabi. Ryanair was 2000ft on final approach. When Ryanair touched down I drove the rest of the way to the arrivals building and picked him up without any waste of time.
    The bad thing about this app (or good) is the real, in-time squawk alerts that are forever happening. I remember a few months ago being alerted to a plane in urgent trouble and then following it until it hit the ground in LA ( or was it SF, I can't remember exactly now).
    The Pro version is the app I have. The FREE will give you a good taste of what it can do. Try it.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Thanks for this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Looks interesting

+ Reply to Thread