+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By richmo58

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...laxy-Note-10-1... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: How Much Tablet Does $500 Get You? Microsoft Surface vs. iPad vs.

Advertisement

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just looking at the specs, the only advantage I see with the Surface is that it comes with an additional 16Gb vs. iPad and Galaxy Note. At least with the Android, you can wipe most of that out with microSD expandiblility (I believe Surface has that as well). As I commented in another thread, I think its most important for Microsoft to get market penetration. Apple and Android already have a big chunk of the market. Its fine that they have a tablet going against the premium Android and Apple offerings, but I still think they should have come up with something with a lower price point ($299 range) to get people using the OS. If that happens, developers will follow and apps will follow..., then crank out the premium device.
    RogerG likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Also, I must add, is all the blab apps bundled with the Surface which will cause a strange problem from people coming from iOS or even Google Nexus.
    Microsoft has a valid, new, OS that (already with the Metro OS which was scrubbed) by itself and with Office would be enough reason, I think, for success. They opened the door to all their software partners (contracts obligé I suppose) and what you´re going to get is a Surface full of blubber. I would prefer for Microsoft to give me that choice whether I want it or not, and this way approach the basic iOS and Android (Vanilla) package concept.
    Unless of course all the hackers get together and we´ll have rooted/jailbroken Surfaces all over the place. Also, the price as you say. The iPad Mini and the new Google Tablets, along with all of Amazon´s efforts will make the Surface a labored birth.

+ Reply to Thread