+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gotta be the TMO version of the device. While the AT&T ones certainly haven't been ... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Gotta be the TMO version of the device. While the AT&T ones certainly haven't been issue-free, sure seems like more complaints like this coming from TMO customers.
    Last edited by RogerG; 04-20-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Robertre no está en línea Stack level 1
    @RogerG: If I did not know other people who were having the same issues, I would suspect the hardware. Honestly, I think it comes down to how hard you push the thing. I am firmly in the power user class, and the thing simply gives up the ghost when put under heavy load. For example, I had it off for 12 hours during a plane flight, and upon powering it on, the incoming onslaught of messages caused it to reboot itself three times. I have learned not to touch it for at least five minutes after a battery pull, because if I go at it too fast, it crashes. When it isn't crashing, the software is getting confused (I get at least one or two "uncaught exceptions" a week, typically in BBM. That's just bad software). My feeling is that RIM just isn't stress testing its software the way it used to, which is a shame. The 8700 was a rock, at least until it stopped responding to the keyboard. That was a hardware problem.
    Meanwhile, I'm finding that if I modify my behavior (ie, be very aggressive about clearing out messages, let it calm down after reboots, don't let chat sessions go on too long wiithout clearing them out, etc) I can keep the thing up and running. Mostly. Sort of. Your mileage may vary.

xshawx no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have crashes also on T-Mo, until I switched to 2G only. For some reason T-Mo's 3G mode have me crashing and waiting for a reboot every other day. The 3G light blinks then it goes. So Now I'm in 2G and wifi haven't had a crash in months.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12