+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...at-Google-Maps... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Microsoft's Brilliant Plan To Beat Google Maps

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well, good luck with that Mr. Ballmer. (Man is about as sharp as wet leather)

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I actually stopped using Google Maps a while ago. I've found that Bing Maps works better in both the mobile version and the PC version. I deleted Google Maps on my BlackBerry, and I only use Bing Maps on my PC, whether I am running Windows or Linux.

I also ditched Google search, and I am using Bing search or DuckDuckGo search.

I do not use the Chrome browser either. I use Opera or Firefox in Windows and Linux. Opera just updated to 11.62. http://www.opera.com/browser/
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Lak, this sounds like you just want to stick it to google. I am all for using another product when it's better, but currently, nothing comes even close to google in the search area - and this isn't a general statement, I've spent a very large number of hours on search engine algorithms and search optimizations.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    This guy sounds like a Google representative;

"search optimization's"

lol

I use whatever gets me there. Even if that means letting Google into my dark little world.

They know everything...

and they keep it on a server somewhere. Scary.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't like the way Google integrates everything with Google Search, so I have also reduced the amount I use it, or when I do use it I am not logged into Gmail. Google maps is good but I rarely use it these days, especially since they don't update on the Blackberry anymore.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I use Gmail and Gtalk. I just find that there are better options than Google for search and maps.

i never see ads in Gmail, but I do not used web-based Gmail. I always use a mail client, so I do not have to sign in to Gmail at all.
    Last edited by lak611; 03-28-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread