+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...at-Level-Green... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Microsoft Downgrades Linux To Threat Level Green

Advertisement

Not surprised. Although Linux is faster, easier, works better and is less buggy, it poses no threat to Microsoft - but since it is open source, it is not likely to be stamped out by Windows, either.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Linux is much more popular on servers than on desktops.

For instance, this article shows the OS used on Web servers. UNIX is most popular, followed by Linux.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Don't get me wrong. I used Ubuntu for a while and while it did seem easy to use and very responsive. It failed on running the the things majority of the people find of interest. While I do recommend it to people who are not really much into windows nor apple.

I use Windows 7 on my desktop, and it runs pretty good. I have Ubuntu on my netbook, and it is a monster - I set it up to dual boot with Windows/Linux, and the Ubuntu side literally runs twice as fast. I keep Windows on the device to use BlackBerry Desktop software to do backups and stuff for my Berry, but the rest of my time is on Linux

+ Reply to Thread