+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...tablet-player.... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Microsoft could actually end up being a strong tablet player.

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Based on the review all tablets other than IPad are flops, ok that is their opinion. Moving on to Microsoft, firstly Windows 7 is what it should have been out of the gate, it is at last a good IO (borrowing from Del's comment about the Bold 9900 ), stability was the main gripe on previous versions particulalry Vista. I suspect everyone would agree on this. Windows 8 maybe even better. Microsoft have been talking about a Pad device for some time, deciding to have one and then not have one, sitting on a fence not falling either way. They do have touch capability in the IO so it shouldn't be too hard to do. Will it be in time or are all Pad devices a fad, which is why the IPad is so popular since it is mainly used by the kids, who are big Apple fans. Yes a Pad device is a useful tool, but can we do without it if we have a notebook and smartphone the answer is yes. Can we do without a smartphone for business probably and pc with internet connectivity I would say no, well at least in my job I cant. I certainly don't see the Pad replacing the PC (not enought disk space) input/output not as quick as a keyboard, cannot write to CD or DVD etc. It may still evolve to something more, but I think a lot of the Pad devices will go the way the HP Touchpad. The Playbook may survice just because it can be used as large screen for the BB, but that will only be if RIM survives. Just my opinion

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I agree with you, dushdavj.

I do not think any tablet can replace a desktop or laptop at this time. Tablets are fine for content consumption, but not content creation. It would probably be very difficult, if not impossible, to create a complex Excel spreadsheet using the current tablets on the market.

If Microsoft creates software that can run on tablets as well as on desktop (full Office suite, etc.), they could very well have a winner.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You guys are absolutely right. Its going to take something not invented yet to replace the PC. Tablets are not the answer. The use of a tablet to create anything is complicated. If not downright impossible.

+ Reply to Thread