+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lak611

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Not-The-World!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: ...Mayan Text Says 2012 Is The End Of The Calendar, Not The World!

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Sure it didn't say it would be the end of RIM?
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
    chokem and jfcooley like this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Although if you'd been in VA this weekend you may have thought this through. Still no power in some areas and water efforts are having issues.

A Derecho (had to look it up too) came through Friday night. Hurricane winds and bad lightning ripped through. Saw huge trees snapped off at the base, limbs and other downed tresses everywhere. Up on the hill where we live we were lucky, most damage (damn autocorrect) was minimal. The reports say winds gusted to 80 and sustained between 60-70.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 07-02-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: auto correct sucks

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yikes...the sky will clear up and all will be fine again. Cheer up guys.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    All good where we are now. Power back on yesterday.

Catching up on all the news I missed, articles posted on Pinstack etc. It's hot, but good to have juice.

Del I underclocked my Nexus to 700mhz to save battery. Insane what one will do just to keep email and the like when there's little juice. Drained the Power Vault on day one.

Think that's a perk of Android and rooting that i hadn't thought about. Once the power went out even normal usage checking weather updates and power outage updates was too much. Couldn't just plug it in. Thankfully developers had managed custom kernels for JB and I was able to adjust clock and voltages to make it through. Only charged once in 2 days.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Having lived through a couple of hurricanes and a tropical storm in Texas I know what you went through, but it is truly magnificent to watch, seeing big trees bend one way the quiet as the eye passes overhead then they bend in the other direction... The power of nature. It is good that you and your family are safe and sound Jay and that you have power again
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread