+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ndroid-devices... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Massive Android flaw lets hackers ‘take over’ and ‘control’ 99% of

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    "The problem, however, is that because of Android’s fragmented nature and the fact that device manufacturers and mobile carriers release Android updates sporadically if at all, many Android devices are not running the latest software and cannot be user-updated."

Geez, can we make this even more inflammatory?
    Dont think fragmentation or words like "disaster" were used enough.

If its a patch I doubt it would be a huge update. As far as I know most devices can be patched without a whole new version of Android being pushed. Basically 3 versions, GB, ICS, & JB. 2 of which are similar.

This guy makes it sound like I'm in dire need of an update. Maybe its a big vulnerability, but somehow I think its being blown out of proportion.

Funny how we see more and more articles like this as an iPhone reveal gets close.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I agree Jay, I am really not concerned by these articles, and I don't store much secure items or information on my device anyway. Hack away puck buckets

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It's not that worrying for us. We're experts...until the day we're bitten. But as I was saying it shouldn't affect us, but for those that aren't 'into' it then maybe these scares are meaningful. But to cut some of the evident hype in this article I did post another that cut through the crap.
    Again, it doesn't worry me at all. But it's worrying that hackers are able to change the codes so easily. Google needs to 'close' the door far more than what it does. All it takes is one idiot to destroy what OS 'freedom' means.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Very true Del, I guess unless I missed it the hackers change core code, so does this mean that it doesn't matter what OS or ROM running? Or are they talking stock ROM's

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Funny how we see more and more articles like this as an iPhone reveal gets close.
    It's all just a conspiracy!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    They (hackers) change the code in a app. Code within a code it seems. Once you update, you've had it. It's good for any ROM I think, and older Android OS's.
    So, like the other article says, don't download cracked apps from unknown sources. Just get apps from Google Play. That's the safest bet, hoping always that Google gets to these hacks before we find out about them the hard way.
    Conspiracy ? Yeah, for sure. Underground terrorism.

+ Reply to Thread