+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

There's also mention of a PlayBook that can connect to HSPA networks. (That's the "4G" ... Smartphone News forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Advertisement

There's also mention of a PlayBook that can connect to HSPA networks. (That's the "4G" used by Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile.)
    This is incorrect. Sprint currently runs CDMA and WiMax, and will eventually run LTE. Sprint never has, and never will have HSPA.

PIN/ID
    no more
    I've already decided I'm not waiting for RIM. I've been eligible for an upgrade since last May, and my 9700 is starting to get painful to use. I don't like iOS and have concerns about Android malware, but Windows Phone looks good. I was a Nokia user before I used Blackberry, and a $99 Lumia 900 with a 2-yr contract is very appealing at this point.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I've already decided I'm not waiting for RIM. I've been eligible for an upgrade since last May, and my 9700 is starting to get painful to use. I don't like iOS and have concerns about Android malware, but Windows Phone looks good. I was a Nokia user before I used Blackberry, and a $99 Lumia 900 with a 2-yr contract is very appealing at this point.
    the specs on that are quite impressive, especially with that price tag, If nokia continues to offer top end smartphone hardware with the latest Windows mobile OS for cheap prices, I really wouldnt be surprised to see both nokia and windows to make a major comeback in the mobile world. Pehaps it will make other smartphone manufacturers stop gouging us on the price of tech that shouldnt be that expensive to begin with. RIM needs to do something like this to stay alive.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    the specs on that are quite impressive, especially with that price tag, If nokia continues to offer top end smartphone hardware with the latest Windows mobile OS for cheap prices, I really wouldnt be surprised to see both nokia and windows to make a major comeback in the mobile world. Pehaps it will make other smartphone manufacturers stop gouging us on the price of tech that shouldnt be that expensive to begin with. RIM needs to do something like this to stay alive.
    My prediction is that Windows Phone will become the third OS in the mobile world, along with iOS and Android. The "rule of three" usually applies in most markets, so I do not see just iOS and Android alone, without a third competitor.

Microsoft has the money to promote Windows Phone, attract developers, and subsidize Nokia. Nokia has a reputation for solid hardware.

There are also other hardware manufacturers like HTC that are releasing Windows Phone devices.

Plus, Microsoft will be able to integrate Windows Phone with Xbox, Office, and their other products for a robust ecosystem.

I do not see where RIM will be able to develop their new OS quickly enough, and also develop an ecosystem which is what is sorely lacking. RIM just does not have the resources financially to accomplish this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I like blackberry phones there good it's just the apps suck compared to apples apps n android apps till there apps are better then I think they won't be taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12