+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...c-OLED-Display... Smartphone News forum

Article: LG's G Flex - Curved Smartphone with Plastic OLED Display

Advertisement

The article was written by J. R. Nelson at Brighthand. Sorry I forgot to include the credit.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    thanks Mark, good read.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    So imagine this on a flat surface face down. Now imagine pressure placed in the middle downward.

If you buy this I'd carry insurance. Another gimmick.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    So imagine this on a flat surface face down. Now imagine pressure placed in the middle downward.
    what job do you do ? why would someone put pressure on the weakest point ?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I think anyone must be as careful with this curved LG as with any other. One thing is for sure, with such a pronounced curve the phone will take more space in your shirt or pants pocket. That's a no no.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    KTW, sometimes I have to move freight requiring me to lean against racks or skate racks. A hard case takes the brunt. Take anything curved and press on the outside of that curve. Doesn't take much to break.

Speaking of cases, guessing its tpu or 2 piece for this thing. I see no use for such a pronounced curve on either this or the Samsung. This tech is neat but should be focused on other areas.

I don't want my phone rocking, and I'd never place this one face down on a hard surface. I'd never take it out in the woods when I work out there.

Del you're right.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Sorry but beyond all of the comments why in the world would anyone want this device. It's another one of those head shakers

veronicalopz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Lg G Flex with curved display smartphone has recently launched in India. After Samsung, Lg has also stepped into the market of curved display smartphones. This is the first phone having world's first curved battery. I like the design of it but it is quite expensive.

veronicalopz no está en línea Stack level 1
    I really like this brand new handset of Lg. The phablet is massive and modern display.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The trouble is LG's notorious below par manufacturing care. Look at the Nexus 5. Apparently the latest batch of them have fixed some of the hardware glitches. Another thing is they sell cheap after a month or do. Quality and market value are their main obstacles.

+ Reply to Thread