+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...6-LG-Announces... Smartphone News forum

Article: LG Announces Optimus Me P350!

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Holy crap, this thing is ugly!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^+1 Y'know I used to complain how Blackberry (RIM) used to and still does unfortunately release these same OS and same old web browser and same old crap wrapped around a new housing/case/however you wanna call it and sell it to us giving it different silly names like Dakota, Storm, 9700,9800,9900,100000, 4500000000, etc... Kinda looks the same way Android is heading with their long line of phones and the same ol' OS leaving some phones with no chance in hell to upgrade to the new software fruitcake, punch lemonade, snot cake, snow cone, or whatever silly title they give their OS. They need to stop....I mean it (Angry face)

What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have to agree with you about how Android is turning out. At first it was exciting, but now it just seems like the manufacture is releasing a phone, selling it, ignoring it, and if you want an OS upgrade without voiding your warranty you have to buy the new iteration.

Some people will argue you that this is the one of the reasons why Android is so great cause it is always evolving, but I cant help to feel that Android is so saturated that it feels like your purchasing a "throw away phone" buy it, unload it in 4 to 6 months on Ebay and start all over again.

^^^^^Exactly. Same thing that BlackBerry has done for years. They sell handsets using Android 2.2 and BB OS 5.0 while heavily promoting new OSs (Gingerbread/6.0), then you're put in a position where you have to buy a new handset just to get the new OS. It's just marketing -

Android is a good OS, but there's so many nearly identical phones from many manufacturers saturating the market that it's getting boring. Evidence: Click back to the PinStack front page, and compare the hits on this article with the hits on the Sidekick blog above it - people are losing interest

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^ this guy could not agree more :

"And this is the problem with the "open & free" method. Sound good in theory, until you realize there's simply too many cooks in the kitchen, too many skins, too many UIs & too many different phone makers running too many different versions of the same core OS. Just ask Linux desktop or Windows Mobile how that worked out for them.

Seriously, an OS this new shouldn't be as frangmented as Android has become. Google needs to fix this & soon or else consumers are gonna get frustrated that their 3 month old phone can't run any of the news apps.

My suggestion is that Google handle the update process for all Android based phones from here on out."
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ Raton, at last I agree with you bud ! But... Google market strategy is exactly that - saturate ! That's where the money is. That's where they make the bucks ! Some day Google isn't even going to recognize the baby they produced. Gonna be a rebellious ( already is) teenager out of control and in the hands of strangers... And then they start all over again. New system, fresh money...
    A merry go round ! And it works...

+ Reply to Thread