+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...hone-Like-Apps... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Leaked BlackBerry 10 Images Show Android-Like Widgets, iPhone-Like

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    One thing is the integration of the phone and tablet, none of the others seem to be doing this, may not seem that much of a big deal, but I find it extremly useful, plus I only pay one plan, unlike other tablets with 3G where you have one bill for your tablet and another for your phone.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...after all the bad news, I have high hopes for this BB. I can't help but feel excited. I'm very curious.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'll pass....forever on blackberry lol
    catstide likes this.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Me too B...maybe not forever but I'll not jump on the first acceptable device they put out.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    It looks really nice, but I am still not convinced RIM as a company is viable in the long term.
    BHP77 likes this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    One thing I believe is that if RIM gets their processor in line with iPhone, and the Droids, then it will be back to fact of pricing. I have full access to the Market and can't come up with ten items I really want to download, so what's the purpose of having your screen plastered with dozens of apps? jmoHi del how you been?
    dushdavj and jfcooley like this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Man you better hang around. Missed you.
    Agree with your post.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    One thing I believe is that if RIM gets their processor in line with iPhone, and the Droids, then it will be back to fact of pricing. I have full access to the Market and can't come up with ten items I really want to download, so what's the purpose of having your screen plastered with dozens of apps? jmoHi del how you been?
    You must be an advisor to RIM.

Is it so hard to believe that RIM is capable of competition? If I remember correctly there was a time people laughed at Apple for getting involved. The initial reviews of the iPhone were far from kind.

RIMs biggest hurdle seems to be backward thinking management. I happen to agree with Papa. This software shows promise on its surface. Should it hold its promise and hardware follows suit RIM has a fighting chance. Albeit an uphill battle, but remember blackberries STILL have a loyal group. Even in the land of Pinstack with its Android and Apple users, if the package comes together some will switch.

So honestly, I'd vote Papa in as an advisor.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I don't think their incapable of competition, just that there more to a smartphone nowadays. IMO it's more about the ecosystem it's in than the actual phone.

That's what has driven Android and iOS to the successes they have and hold now.
    Last edited by BHP77; 02-15-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Cant spell sometime and auto correct only goes so far, lol

I disagree in as much that RIM has the potential to pull it out.

Ecosystem, sure, I agree with that. I disagree RIM being perceived as just a smartphone. Blackberry is identified by not only its keyboard but its software. Antiquated or not. With the possibility of the new os being a step forward (especially in comparison to recent versions) and hardware to match, RIM may be the be able to right the ship.

That is if the current captain and crew can get the sails set.
    RogerG, dushdavj and BHP77 like this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It's still all speculation, obviously there will be people out there that are so upset with RIM that they will stay either with IOS or Android, but if the new O/s lives up to it's potential and is integrated well with the PlayBook, they may have a chance of competing, particularly if it comes with things like Docs2Go already installed. They will have to come in with a price that is below the IPhone and top Android phones to even get a look in, at least to start with, buy the market, keep getting the developers on board to make more Apps, (as this seems to be what people want), integrate well with social networking software, and most of all make the phone solid, but good looking, with a lot of screen space, fast processors and memory that can run the Apps and they will make it.
    RogerG likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    They will have to come in with a price that is below the IPhone and top Android phones to even get a look in
    I saw somebody else post something similar to this on Twitter (an Apple hater) who said that the iPhone is more expensive than the other devices.

I'm on the AT&T site now and the 16gb iPhone is 199.00, same as the Bold 9900 and the top of the line 'Droids.

Not sure where people get that idea.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.723 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG
    They will have to come in with a price that is below the IPhone and top Android phones to even get a look in
    I saw somebody else post something similar to this on Twitter (an Apple hater) who said that the iPhone is more expensive than the other devices.

I'm on the AT&T site now and the 16gb iPhone is 199.00, same as the Bold 9900 and the top of the line 'Droids.

Not sure where people get that idea.
    How much is the 32GB iPhone4S? Are there any other devices the same price or more expensive? What about full retail price? In many countries carriers do not subsidize costs (but there are no contracts either).
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast