+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...r-114-with-ads... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Kindle now available for $114, with ads

Advertisement

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    hmmm yea the idea of saving only 25$ and having permanent ads on there doesnt sound appealing. $50 ad version does sound more like a an incentive, personally if i was going to buy one I would pay the extra 25 for no ads ever. Or at the very least make the special offers have a time limit like, you get ads for 6 months and then they go away, but ads for ever for just a $25 discount no ty.

Drasadex no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'd rather get a normal ad-free Kindle. Having one with ads everywhere would just irritate me...

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    This has to be (imo) the dumbest idea from Amazon to date.

For a mere $25/kindle, they will piss off a lot of customers who accidentally get the kindle with the ads. Amazon went to the limit to make the reading space clean -- getting rid of the clock in the default view, the page marks, title, etc..etc.. and now they are adding ads??

If you will add ads, make it cost $60-80. Then it's justified. People put up with something unpleasant, but there is a cost benefit.

(my 2 cents)

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    This has to be (imo) the dumbest idea from Amazon to date.

For a mere $25/kindle, they will piss off a lot of customers who accidentally get the kindle with the ads. Amazon went to the limit to make the reading space clean -- getting rid of the clock in the default view, the page marks, title, etc..etc.. and now they are adding ads??

If you will add ads, make it cost $60-80. Then it's justified. People put up with something unpleasant, but there is a cost benefit.

(my 2 cents)
    I agree ads just make me mad....Why do they need a cheaper reader anyway....they are still way way below other tablets...(android tabs, ipad)
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ no discount, whatever he value, justifies having ads on anything I own. Even the small stickers stuck to my PC´s, I ripped off. Now imagine them moving around a screen...! I´d go nuts !

+ Reply to Thread