+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...tion-Was-In!!!... Smartphone News forum

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

Article: Just Stopped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In!!!

Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    True, it will be interesting to see how AT&T handles the transition. Hopefully it will be smooth for you guys.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Everything should be smooth. I think a lot are making a big deal out of nothing. It's been know for quite some time now DT was looking to rid itself of the US based version. I think it's really a better situation than Sprint buying it out.

Every company uses call centers, it's a crap shoot if you get a good one or a bad one and almost always depends on how [B]you[B] handle yourself over the phone. Just because your blunt adn nice doesn't mean you going to get what you [B]think[B] you should be getting. Every had a bad day? Try making $10/hr and having one and having to deal with people and their attitudes all day long. I've had bad customer service from every carrier, if a event arises where you don't feel you are going to get adequate service, politely tell them thank you for their time but a important call is coming through. Then call back. Plus, look at it this way, once you guys get the iPhone you want have to worry. Apple has the best CS of anyone.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    well I have been with att, cingular (when it was separate), Verizon, and Tmobile. Out of the many many many phone calls i have had with the different CSR at each.
    As far as customer service (aka solving my problem)
    Verizon was the worst
    Then ATT
    Then Cingular
    Lastly the best was Tmobile

Now I did some shopping around I currently spend $80 For unlimited Talk Txt Web(with tethering), Visual Voicemail, full equipment insurance, and for the sake of comparison, detailed billing all with tmo
    here is the breakdown for a comparable plan with other carriers:

As of the date of this posting with all available discounts and offers:

Verizon
    Pros
    Great selection of phones
    fast stable internet 2nd place
    High nationwide coverage

Cons
    Horrible customer service
    CDMA carrier
    high price
    Cripple-ware
    Specialized chargers so you buy from them instead of 3rd party
    Pay extra from detailed billing
    pay extra for visual VM
    Pay Activation fee

AT&T
    Pros
    Great phones
    Supposedly fast internet when its stable close to 2nd place
    high nationwide coverage
    GSM carrier

cons
    Not the worst customer service but close IMO, in actuality won title worst in customer satisfaction
    spotty inconsistent service
    No unlimited Data plans
    pay extra for tethering/mobile hotspot
    Pay extra from detailed billing
    Pay Activation fee

Sprint
    Pros
    Fastest Internet
    Stable Network
    Decent coverage
    Dont have to pay extra Visual VM
    Dont have to pay extra Detailed billing
    Activation fee waived
    decent customer service

Cons
    Might be bought out in the near future
    Smaller network
    Small selection of phones
    pay extra for tethering/Mobile hotspot
    CDMA carrier

I did these on said carriers websites and choose a top shelf smartphone for each, the cost of the smartphone was subtracted out of estimates and each was for a 2 year contract. Also note these prices do not include taxes or fees that come standard on US wireless bills.
    I choose the features and plan type based on my use if you choose a limited talk, txt or limited web plan the prices would be slightly cheaper.

As you can see the average power smartphone user with Tmo pays significantly less than everyone else. with the only drawbacks being that they are not the fastest network and their coverage is not huge but decent. Now based on this tell me how tmo users when their contract is up arent getting screwed with this merger? Im just gonna have to re-up my contract right before it finalizes and delay it for 2 years

*****Edit
    If you eliminate Visual VM and drop down to just the extended warranty with verizon it drops it 10$ which isnt a big difference but makes it even more appealing when compared to the others
    Last edited by RemyKirin; 03-23-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: typos

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Actually i probably would have a cheaper although more complicated option. The only reason i would have upgrade my contract later is if i wanted a new smartphone but perhaps if i sign up for a new account with a new smartphone before the merger; lowest limits on talk txt web it would effectivly cripple the smartphone on that line but if i had it unlocked and switched the sim to the phone with plan i have now I can maybe just raise my bottom line by only 30$ and still get the best phones and not pay as much for my unlimited........ wait I just did the math on that it would be cheaper to just outright buy the unlocked smartphone and keep my plan as is as long as possible. Of course that would also mean I wouldnt be able to get a 4g phone service later on without some sort of change in the contract, unless i switched to the galaxy S now( which i dont wanna do)..... crap I guess im screwed no matter what my low low price plan is going good bye...
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I agree on CSR's from different carrieers I have been with them all as well. My AT&T experience was beyond the call center CSR, but that's another story. I'm not too concerned one way or the other. The biggest problem I can forsee it the pricing. I'm semi-retired and my wife is trying to get retired. We are ok but still living style will be much different in the future.

Thanks for everyone's input, it's always nice to see it through many sets of eyes

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I guess I have an inside look, having worked for ATT for so long, i can get myself well taken care of there now, and have for 2 yrs after leaving a job there. Point is everyone has good and bad, it just depends on who finds it, as to whether we hear about it or not!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    I have been with Tmobile for 7years lots of grandfathered features, have five lines for the whole family and business discount. Wonder how I and others like myself will be treated by ATT

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    I have been with Tmobile for 7years lots of grandfathered features, have five lines for the whole family and business discount. Wonder how I and others like myself will be treated by ATT

Mod please delete double post
    Last edited by lacroixn; 03-24-2011 at 04:00 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Odds are you'll generally ignored by customer service reps and eventually forced to renew your contract unless you want to keep the same phones and same plans forever. Then as my previous example shows if you want to keep the same features expect to pay considerably more. In exchange you'll gain access to a shifty unstable network and get the ability to obtain the iPhail.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

+ Reply to Thread