+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kdaddy

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-World-anymore... Smartphone News forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Article: It's not a BlackBerry World anymore

Advertisement

Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    In the race for the attention of those who want the latest edition, and fastest browser there doesn't seem to be any more happiness in the "hot for the moment" circle than in "I want a dependable phone" crowd. I have an older Blackberry that will still do way more than I ask of it each day, and if there is a gaping hole in it's performance, I haven't found it. I realize my mind is like an old attic compared to most of our readership, but if you have a good platform from which to launch your dailey tasks then your happiness can be in the journey with your phone than in the imagined destination of the latest edition. But, do I enjoy reading about the newest phone out? Indeed I do!
    dushdavj and lak611 like this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Well said. At the end of the day, it's what platform you like and suits your needs that really counts. For me the i4S is perfect. I don't use it for business, or email a lot. I use it mainly to browse, take pics (Brady Bunch syndrome), and listen to music. I do text my kids a lot and it's perfect for what I need.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Well said. At the end of the day, it's what platform you like and suits your needs that really counts. For me the i4S is perfect. I don't use it for business, or email a lot. I use it mainly to browse, take pics (Brady Bunch syndrome), and listen to music. I do text my kids a lot and it's perfect for what I need.
    I am seeing this sort of comment quite a bit these days referring to how a smartphone is being used (and there is nothing wrong with this), I can certainly understand why you would really like IOS or even Android if this is what you use it for. I am also sure that the smartphones are used for business Apple/Android/Windows after all there are many companies moving away from Blackberry, I just wonder how many of the massive numbers of people using the non-BB systems are used majoritly for business? I know that is the main use my BB gets, exactly the opposite of Glen.

the business model of Apple/Android is obviously the correct one as they have openned the market to the non business consumer which is vast.

In the end I fully agree with Kdaddy in that the best phone for you is the one you are most comfortable with
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    In the end I fully agree with Kdaddy in that the best phone for you is the one you are most comfortable with
    As has been said here many times.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I see smartphones moving in the same direction as computers. Computers were mainly used for business at one time, and not used much by consumers, except by some geeks who built their own or were in the gaming community. Now computers are as ubiquitous in homes as TV sets. Nobody would say computers are just business tools nowadays, and consumers tend to use computers more for content consumption than content creation. Content creation using computers is more of a business use than a consumer use. However, the same computers will either consume or create content, depending upon the software that is installed. I see smartphones moving in that same direction, where there will be no distinction between consumer and business devices at some point.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread