+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-iPad-a-Tablet... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Is the Apple iPad a Tablet?

Advertisement

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I agree with the author of the article. To me, it's like a flat, portable PC. Add an air print friendly printer and you're in. I have a super Dell laptop I don't even use any longer.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I agree with the author of the article. To me, it's like a flat, portable PC. Add an air print friendly printer and you're in. I have a super Dell laptop I don't even use any longer.
    A woman at our church does exactly that. I helped her iron out a few wrinkles this past weekend, setting up her printer with her iPad, was pretty cool. She uses it more than her desktop.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I just can't see a table replacing a laptop. The playbook would seem to be the closest since you can mulitask well with it but people just see to want to wait and see what they bring out next and not buy one now

lonedog no está en línea Stack level 1
    Steve Jobs may have wanted to distance himself from the Windows world, but either way it's still a tablet, it does the same thing as all the other tablets. The iPad may be smaller and lighter than a laptop and it may be easier to move around with it, but I wouldn't really consider it portable.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Your right it is not a tablet it is a big Iphone that is too big to put to your ear so it has become a "pad" even runs some Iphone Apps

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    How about a big ole iPod touch.

Its marketing, Apple likes to be different, not a bad thing. I keep thinking that if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck. Regardless of what's its called, it changed the game a bit.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well I have just been documenting our DVD library on an IPad2, it is definitely no PC or even Playbook.
    Things I liked: Access to large variety of Apps so I could find the right one to use
    Touch screen response, plus selecting copying an pasting text
    Things that really frustrated me:
    Did not have any native software like office docs included, i had to purchase the Apps I needed.
    When going from one App to another I had to close each one the reopen and go back through several steps to get back to where I had started - very frustrating

So no this is not a tablet computer - it is however a well made product that fits a need, that Apple fans love, that has a nice operating system, which could do so much more, but that will be in the Ipad 26 and of course everyone must rush out and buy all the interim models

I see people are pre-ordering the small version without seeing it, the Iphone 5

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^my feelings exactly when I had my iPad. I couldn't end what I started... maybe due to my PC environment. There was always something missing. Couldn´t finish. Sometimes couldn´t start despite spending quite a bit of dough in special apps etc.
    You want the candy, but can´t get through the wrapper. Ugh!

+ Reply to Thread