+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-iPOD-TOUCH-Vs... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: iPOD TOUCH VS Galaxy Player 5.0

Advertisement

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Good artical. This is a area I think a lot of us forget about because we have all this on our phones but it it still a huge market. Any word on pricing on this?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I confess I've never purchased an MP3 player. I've always wanted one but the smartphone has always kept me from it. I would love to have one tho.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I. Just not sure about the size. 5" is nice but for those that use a iPod as a music player mostly I think this is a little too large. I would hate to have to strap that thing my mountain bike. Plus what about runners? That's a big market. I couldn't imagine seeing someone running down the street with a mini tab on there arm. Then again people do use mini tabs as phones. Lol.

For the "I watch a lot of YouTube and Movies" this would be great. Hope Samsung doesn't forget about this with updates.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I did seriously consider the Nano and a watch band combo. It sure would work well on my mountain bike or running.
    For some reason I resisted secretly passing out Gift ideas

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Had an IPod since before the smartphone was really used for music, and had a PDA (Psion) before the phone could do that properly, still have an IPod, so unlikely to swap to the Samsung, ITunes is the thing that really makes the IPod, would have changed to any of the hundreds of MP3 players had it not been for that.

If and when my IPod dies, I will likely get the Touch (if they have a bigger disk or IPad not sure which, both have positives and negatives) or even get the classic if they are still making it. All I want is to play my music and take it with me.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Any word on pricing on this?
    Estimated in the EU at about 200,00 Euros. And I do agree with the size problem. This weekend I had a Note to appraise and besides being very good, especially the pen and the ability to write with it on the screen. But it's too big... (I'll be posting a Slash & Gear review with my comments later on.)I still think the combination of the right size and iTunes makes the iPod a better option.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Personally, I dont see the need for either of these devices. Our phones do everything they do, only better. I dont get it. For kids maybe?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^Voice of reason. I feel that way to. My kid (the youngest) would want one...with phone and sms functions. Duh...
    So if he behaves on his first year of university, he might get an upgrade on his Nokia.
    Last edited by Delfim; 11-07-2011 at 02:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread