+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...amera-Shootout... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: iPhone 5s vs. Nokia Lumia 1020: Camera Shootout

Advertisement

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    My opinion, having had the pleasure of using the 1020. And the 5S, although this one isn't mine yet. This shoot out borders on the ridiculous and is riddled with inconsistencies. In all my experiences, which all are mostly quick shoot moments and a few with preparation, I didn't find in any occasion where the 5S was better than the 1020. If this was a real, unbiased test, Prospero should have shown zoomed/cropped samples. In actual fact the writer should have classified the shots from the Lumia (the ones of the test) as the web shots (5megas) that the 1020 also takes when you take a picture. What about the 36 mega photos? Where are they? That manhattam skyline would be totally different. What about Macro?
    Heck BHP, this shootout isn't at all balanced. Granted that the iPhone 5S takes great pictures, probably the best of all smartphones, bar one. The Lumia 1020 supercedes it.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    I agree. From the photos that I've seen taken with both. Comparing side by side is put the tally like this.
    low light outside no flash- Lumina
    low light no flash inside - I think the iPhone edges but only slightly.
    lowlight flash - close(3m) iPhone
    low light flash -far (3m +) lumina
    outside photos - I think the iPhone wins one one hand and the lumina wins on another. What I mean by that is that I see the iPhone as capturing a truer color image than the lumina. The thing about he lumina is that it does five you that 36mp photo to edit with. So scene shots are much easier to get a good shot post editing. Not to say that the iPhone is bad. I've got some great ones with the 5S using Lightroom and Aperture to edit with.

Quick shots and everyday use - I can't comment on it because I haven't used a lumina but I can say the the 5S is very easy to use and you can get a great shot no matter what.
    Last edited by BP41; 11-01-2013 at 07:14 PM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    iPhone 5 or the now the 5S, yes for everyday use i agree with you. Its better because it doesn't require any special attention from the user to get great pics. The Lumia does this easily as well. But when it comes to zoom, focus, macro or infinity shots the Lumia allows for better and personalised photos. That is, if you appreciate the capabilities. For the most of users, a simple snapshot is mostly satisfying, and for that, any smartphone is good enough. Except for the Nexus series. Maybe the Nexus 5 is an improvement.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Let's hope the Nexus 5 is an improvement. Because that series sucks as of now.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I've heard the camera on the Nexus 5 is nothing special.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I can't understand why Google/Android doesn't figure it out. But I'm sure in keeping their vanilla phones so price competitive, that they resort to the cheapest hardware they can find. The software can't fix that.
    Last edited by Delfim; 11-03-2013 at 09:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread