+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

yeah your comments would have been fair in some other threads just caught me off ... Smartphone News forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

yeah your comments would have been fair in some other threads just caught me off guard in this one. You'd probably been better served to comment in the other threads.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Shouldn't matter I'd think.
    But oh well.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i think it does.Some threads are pretty volatile and that stuff should probably be confined to those threads and not bleed over to all threads. By the way,we missed you last night and was just having some ribbing with you if you missed it.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Heh.
    Hope the iPhone 5 is the second coming you all hope it will be.
    Ill stick to my oh so inferior Android. Precious metal cages aren't my bag. Big promises aren't my cup of tea either. Over the past few days I've seen shot after shot at Android, yet we say little in return. Droid this and how Pinstack is a Droid lovers Paradise, I've found it amusing.

Yet if we were to fire back a war breaks out and we hear how biased this place is....yada yada yada.

Personally I'm kinda sick of the cheap shots. I've wanted to just say "what's good for the goose" , but I've promised to be civil.

For a site that is so biased it seems the vocal minority have it made.

Eh, just my two cents. I'm a Droid fan so take it for what its worth.
    Has it got that bad around here, and I just don't see it? I don't see this site as a Android lovers paradise either, but then again I don't take what anyone says here personally. For Christ sake people... Its just phones.

Sorry for hurting anyones feelings. I didn't know people were struggling with their Smartphone identity.
    catstide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Has it got that bad around here, and I just don't see it? I don't see this site as a Android lovers paradise either, but then again I don't take what anyone says here personally. For Christ sake people... Its just phones.

Sorry for hurting anyones feelings. I didn't know people were struggling with their Smartphone identity.
    Guess my point is missed. Oh well.
    No hurt feelings. Not here anyway. No identity crises.

Cat, 99% of the articles have the same group of people posting. Think this thread or any other article is one in the same. We all cruise them, little difference.
    However I'm not going to make a deal of it. Next time ill consult someone before voicing an opinion as to the appropriate thread to place said opinion.
    catstide likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Please fire back, cooley. Don't keep all those Smartphone jabs inside. I don't want to see you crumble like a cookie in milk.
    Last edited by Capdot; 12-08-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Please let it all out. PM me if you need to vent and are afraid of voicing your opinion out in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Please fire back, cooley. Don't keep all those Smartphone jabs inside. I don't want to see you crumble like a cookie in milk.
    More than happy to joke and rib, just would prefer not to see another incident like before.
    See, I took it to heart that it was getting heated, especially since I managed to accidentally insult someone I respect. I just found it amusing that the gist of that was perceived iPhone bashing, and since its seemingly open season on Droid users at times. I'm up for jokes and digs, and love debating. I hope its fair to say most Droid users are. I do however HATE hearing Pinstack is biased, even in jest.

BTW Cap, ESP love yours. They're original and not recycled stuff from the froyo and before age.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 12-08-2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: cause its gist not jest and i wanted to send a secret message like Cap

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Why does it ever have to get heated? Don't we all know each other well enough by now? I try not to get involved unless I feel like it's getting personal, or I think somebody's taking it personally. Should I just sit back and let you guys have at it for our guests and visitors to see?

Back in the day, when this was a BlackBerry only site, people flocked here in droves because they didn't like the way they were treated elsewhere. They could get the help they needed with courtesy, respect and professionalism. That's the PinStack I know and love.

People still come here looking for help, but it's not like it used to be. Used to be we'd be falling all over each other to see who could help first. Not anymore. I see threads sit for hours or even days without somebody responding to a problem or a question. Instead, we're in threads like this bickering like kids in the sandlot.

How about we get back to our roots and make this other stuff secondary to what we built our reputation on? There will still be plenty of time for the ribbing and jabbing.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Why does it ever have to get heated? Don't we all know each other well enough by now? I try not to get involved unless I feel like it's getting personal, or I think somebody's taking it personally. Should I just sit back and let you guys have at it for our guests and visitors to see?

Back in the day, when this was a BlackBerry only site, people flocked here in droves because they didn't like the way they were treated elsewhere. They could get the help they needed with courtesy, respect and professionalism. That's the PinStack I know and love.

People still come here looking for help, but it's not like it used to be. Used to be we'd be falling all over each other to see who could help first. Not anymore. I see threads sit for hours or even days without somebody responding to a problem or a question. Instead, we're in threads like this bickering like kids in the sandlot.

How about we get back to our roots and make this other stuff secondary to what we built our reputation on? There will still be plenty of time for the ribbing and jabbing.
    I hate to say it but the peace here on pinstack fell shortly after certain Mods started praising the iPhone when this was a BB ONLY site, then shortly after this site became a "smartphone alliance" yea its more like cold war alliance. By changing the site to all smartphones it has created schisms, and for along time after that the rest of us that didnt like the iPhone would get heckled by the iPhone lovers, and it was allowed to continue because the iPhone was popular, now that the android is taking control of the smartphone world and apple fans are on the defensive, you see them attack with their opinions constantly. A jab here a right hook there and only when one side is tired of arguing at that particular time is there peace because the other side gets a free shot at them. In the end when you make a mixing pot of anything and you allow free will and expression, there will be problems. If you limit what people can do say or hear then you can make peace. By ignoring the rights of the people every now and again you can achieve lasting peace but only at the cost of freedom. <- This last line is why I personally dont like apple devices at all. when it comes to smartphones Id rather have it like this: Freedom > Stability instead of Stability > Freedom.

And for the record judging things based on whats known is always a better practice than saying "well when my fictional product comes out, if it ever does, it will be better than any potential fictional product you'll have or have right now." which is basically my point from earlier. Had I known I had to spell it out for certain people I would have, but I thought it would get my point across with just what I said. I'll try to be more careful about it in the future.
    jfcooley likes this.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12