+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...mmits-to-Flash... Smartphone News forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Blog Entries

Article: IPad! No Flash/No Hulu - Hulu improves its player, commits to Flas

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Blog Entries
    Road House! to apple (Family Guy Humor)
    Hulu would have put Ipad high on the map. Steve Jobs should think twice about Flash.

iPhonejones no está en línea Stack level 2
    Blog Entries
    Apple is a lost cause. When they see everyone isn't gonna follow suite they'll change thier tune. They think they have it locked down enough to force thier will. Well… sorry… if Apple doesn't innovate toward a resolution some corporation or individual will!! Oh html5!!! Lol. I hope flash doesn't hurt my already horrible iPhone battery life!!? I have flash on my iPhone though… no problems here other than it's an old version of flash.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's not that simple and Flash is not on mobile platforms just yet for a reason. Look deeper into many different topics surrounding Flash and it helps to see why every current smartphone does not contain it yet.

Christina Warren has offered a uinque look at both sides. I tend to like what she has writen

Hulu is not available for the iPad yet in part b/c they are working out details on how to make money. Their parent Co will not allow it any other way. Hulu will be offered on the iPad, when? Who knows but it will.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    well.. so can the iPhone handle flash or no? I'm waiting for an android pad as well.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Blog Entries
    Christina Warren has offered a uinque look at both sides. I tend to like what she has writen
    Interesting article, and all of this talk about who's open and who's not, you know as a consumer those are just "who cares!"

However if I buy an $800 multimedia Device, I would like to continue to watch Hulu just like I would on my Notebook or Desktop, after all it is able to connect to the internet; or at least have the option to download the plugin or not. Taking away that option on such a device is like forcing me to purchase all my TV Shows and Movies from ITunes only.

I believe the average Joe or Jane don't really care about this whole whats better html5 or flash, we just want to have the same option we have when using our internet ready Notebooks or Desktops, ...oh I want to watch this video, ok I don't have the Adobe Flash plugin, would you like to download it, "...Yes, thank you for that option..."

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    For those who don't follow my Twitter posts, here is another good read on the topic.

Link

Flash is not going away by any means but all this back & forth will push Flash to be a better product for us all.

I'm looking at the positive

+ Reply to Thread