+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Originally Posted by BHP77 A much as Motorola would love to claim this a success, ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #16
    RemyKirin's Avatar
    RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Posts
    706

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    A much as Motorola would love to claim this a success, it's not. When will the world learn that besides the few geeks that can't let go of the buggy,security risk, never works the same twice in one sitting, flash, the res of the world could care less. Don't believe me? You don't have to. The figures speak for themselves. I could go to any store that was selling the xoom on launch day and pick one up. No lines, no number, no ticket, just walked in, paid my money and walked out. Say that about the iPad 2.
    So cuz they are selling more ipads that makes them better?

    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    What Motorola and Google fail to realize is that, and I'll take this straight form the article that rdills posted, is ;"As we've learned, specs aren't everything these days: user experience and apps are paramount."
    uhhh yea, thats not true Specs mean alot.

    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    They fail to realize that they aren't competing against just the iPad or the iPad2. Their up against the whole ecosystem that apple has created; and done a damn fine job with it. The best apps are on iOS, more and more businesses are embracing the power that the iPad and the iOS ecosystem has to offer. Are we going to see doctors and nurses using xoom or whatever else they release in the next few months(lets hope it doesn't get like the Android phones). No, we're not. No one wants to worry if the new device they just bought is going to last, is it going to get updated, which version am I on??
    I hate to say it but andriod is picking up speed and fast if you think that people are gonna stick with apple just cuz theyve been here you are wrong. Andriod is becoming a well known name, and they are coming out with some nice devices they are backed by a company that just about everyone uses for their day to day internet use, and with google integrating everything it will be all the easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I'm no going to sit here and say that iOS doesn't have it's share needed improvements, nor am I going to say that Android doesn't have some nice features. What I am going to say is that these companies just don't get it. Apple does. It isn't or has it ever been about who has the most horsepower under the hood. It's always and always will be about who puts that horsepower down the smoothest. That my friends, is Apple.
    Yes this is why apple went to IBM infrastructure cuz their lose horsepower proprietary design that was supposed to be more efficient and didnt "need" all that power didnt hold up.

    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    There is so much to say when it comes to these two products, but honestly, if you are really considering spending $599 and up, wouldn't you want the one with staying power, with history, knowing that you bought in confidence the one device that if you can think it, imagine it or dream it, "there's a app for that" . 65,000 and counting......
    Staying power? Not this is like buying a laptop you dont buy a low end laptop and try to upgrade the components later, the smart play is to buy better hardware out the gate, cuz software can be upgraded easy hardware cannot. and compared all the os upgrades in the world hardware is paramount. and the world craves features hmmmmm 0.7MP camera with no flash or a 5MP with flash on the back on for the same price? double the ram for the same price? Spending more money to adapt the tablet to display on a tv or not? The ability to use flash which is one of the interent standards right now or settling for trying to live without it? having stereo speakers or mono for the around the same price?Hmmm a better resolution or not? Having to spend 30$ on a camera connection kit that will only grant you access to pictures or having a media card reader built in that will read and give you access to all kinds of data? Soft touch coating so you can grip it better or not? Free upgrade to 4g LTE or being stuck at 3g? @MP front camera or a VGA front camera? Customizable multi page homespace or not?

    To end all this yea I guess other manufacturers like motorola dont get people at all, i mean giving their consumers all this neat stuff for about the same price, making it easier to do well just about everything. Face it apps arent everything, they really arent and i cant speak fro everyone else but its not like i buy thousands of apps Id rather have all the kewl features that a ton of apps that im not gonna buy.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

    "I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    You left quite a few off the list.. In fact, its impossible to keep any list current because the developers are updating so fast. There's a satisfying amout of apps that work to keep anyone busy for now.

    There is one huge problem I have with the Xoom. Since getting flash, I haven't used my laptop at all, and I don't want to anymore. The Xoom does everything I need, only better.
    I'm sure that I did , that's not quite the 150-200 that the xoom has now. It as more of a point that Android is still and almost always will be playing catch-up.

    I'm glad you find your xoom the best consumption device you have now. I feel it will and hopefully grow into more than that. For me, I use my iPad everyday running my business. So do many other professionals where having something as bug ridden as flash doesn't even come into play.

    Why is everyone so stuck on flash, if it made that big of a difference don't you think that they would have sold more than 300K? Don't you think that the iPad2 wouldn't of sold out to people who couldn't tell you difference between Flash and flash on a camera. This is a moot argument because it's obvious that the mass public could give a rats ***.

  3. #18
    RemyKirin's Avatar
    RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I'm sure that I did , that's not quite the 150-200 that the xoom has now. It as more of a point that Android is still and almost always will be playing catch-up.

    I'm glad you find your xoom the best consumption device you have now. I feel it will and hopefully grow into more than that. For me, I use my iPad everyday running my business. So do many other professionals where having something as bug ridden as flash doesn't even come into play.

    Why is everyone so stuck on flash, if it made that big of a difference don't you think that they would have sold more than 300K? Don't you think that the iPad2 wouldn't of sold out to people who couldn't tell you difference between Flash and flash on a camera. This is a moot argument because it's obvious that the mass public could give a rats ***.
    Its a moot arguments for you because you are so stuck on Steve jobs that you cant see anything other than what he tells you. how many apps do u own? is it more than 200? more than 100?
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

    "I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

  4. #19
    RemyKirin's Avatar
    RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Posts
    706
    I hope you feel enlightened now.

  5. #20
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    All new products have bugs, even the ipad 2! I've read tales of horror about bleeding screens!lol. They're both great devices. Get the Ipad2 if you want games/apps. Get the Xoom if you want a true tablet experience. And just like with Android smartphones, apps won't even be a factor shortly, because honeycomb will have many!

    We've already seen how this story ends people! The Xoom is one of many Android tablets, an army, vs one ipad. Android will take the tablet market the same way it has taken the smartphone market. Words like open, choice, and freedom win over scary myths of bugs. The G1 was murdered in reviews and Android still prevailed. Same story here guys.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    Its a moot arguments for you because you are so stuck on Steve jobs that you cant see anything other than what he tells you. how many apps do u own? is it more than 200? more than 100?
    I do remind you that I still own Androids. , I don't speak from just one side of this.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    I hope you feel enlightened now.
    no,, not so much , same 'ol arguments.

  8. #23
    RemyKirin's Avatar
    RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I do remind you that I still own Androids. , I don't speak from just one side of this.
    That didnt sound like an answer to my very legitimate question. How many app do you own?
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

    "I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    That didnt sound like an answer to my very legitimate question. How many app do you own?
    93-on the iPhone
    128-on the iPad

    I'd have to go through and count how many are iPad/iPhone apps, I think I'm around that number on android also.

  10. #25
    RemyKirin's Avatar
    RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    93-on the iPhone
    128-on the iPad

    I'd have to go through and count how many are iPad/iPhone apps, I think I'm around that number on android also.
    assuming thats true that still gives my argument creedence you didnt need 65k or more apps to choose from and assuming thats true I dont know anyone that owns that many apps on all their apple devices, in fact i dont know many that have more than 50 and I know alot of people that either have iphones or ipads
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

    "I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

  11. #26
    RemyKirin's Avatar
    RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Posts
    706
    and on a side noyte blackberry will be an even bigger contender if you wanna go just apps, cuz of the new QNX OS is said to be able to run android apps as well. Not to mention the future development of WAC. Its reason like this why apps arent everything. And dont forget how many apps on the itunes app store are esentially copies of another app on there. There is only so many kinds of apps, after that its all just copies by different devs that do the the same thing or variations on the same theme. well this app is just like that one cept it has a calendar function too.

  12. #27
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    Hi guys, my one cent if I may...

    I had the iPhone. I had the iPad. There's one single reason I'm happier with Android. And its got nothing to do with all the specs, or applications thrown about.

    It's called freedom from iTunes.

    Switch Android on and its good to go. Everywhere, anywhere. With all contacts, calendar, music, videos... and all the programs you have, all synced effortlessly. No need to re-download programs or anything. Android just takes care of it. All in a matter of a few minutes. No wires, no PC dependencies. Wham...! Way to go !
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-17-2011 at 03:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •