+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...le-Fire-demand... Smartphone News forum

Article: iPad 2 said to have extinguished Kindle Fire demand

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't think the Kindle Fire was ever a competitor for the IPad, it was a niche item, for people that wanted a tablet to read books, surf the web and have color capabilities, whilst it was the same hardware outside as the PlayBook, it had slower CPU, less device memory, no camera, and was running Android (stating a fact not saying it's a problem). Analyst come up with this suggestion that because it is cheap it will kill the IPad, absolute rubbish, people are not the stupid. Those that want what the IPad has to offer and do not want to buy from Apple would buy a high end Android tablet (most don't even consider the PlayBook as it has had so much bad press and is no longer in the comparison reviews so it is off the radar). Other than that it was available before Christmas and made a good present
    srl7741 likes this.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Dave, I agree. My cousin got a Kindle Fire for Christmas. She uses it mainly as an e-reader and web browser. She has a nice laptop and desktop for other uses.

One of the guys in the local Linux Group I belong to got an HP Touchpad during the fire sale. He really did not need a tablet but picked up the Touchpad since it was cheap.

The next toys I'm coveting are ultrabooks and upcoming Windows RT tablets.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    You and me both, the latest HP Ulteabook looks really nice, I am rather hoping my company will upgrade me to one as I am due for a replacement notebook. The Samsung looks nice as well.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    You and me both, the latest HP Ulteabook looks really nice, I am rather hoping my company will upgrade me to one as I am due for a replacement notebook. The Samsung looks nice as well.
    I haven't seen the Samsung. The HP is my favourite so far.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    When you think about it the KF is perfect for the Amazon Store, they made a good product for their own Store. No different than Apple did for their iOS devices. I've never seen the two as competitors either, just different options.

+ Reply to Thread