+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Annoyances...... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: iOS 5 - Some Annoyances ...

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I tend to agree with everything but SMS Messages. I know they will all be changed in an update to the OS. For the life of me I have never understood why anyone would want to keep so many SMS messages. SMS has somehow morphed into something it was not really meant to be.

Email is still available as a good place to keep dialog, right?

Someone please enlighten me as to why SMS needs to be kept in such a fashion. I want to read more about it b/c I must be missing something. Hopefully you guys/gals don't tell me it's important to prove something was said earlier or it contains some important information b/c that is not going to hold any weight. SMS is not private nor protected like other forms of communication.
    Last edited by srl7741; 10-22-2011 at 03:22 PM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    srl, for kids that manage (and its been reported and confirmed) 750 sms per day, I think, maybe, they need to keep track of what they messaged in the morning... I can't understand any of this.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hahahaha, I knew I could get a good voices of reason

I totally forgot about the "Youth" in user base these days.

I can only image how Photostream will create a new definition of "Busted" for many who fail to remember every picture taken goes and also shows on all AppleTV's, etc where it's enabled.

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    wow. incredible how people keep so many messages in their phones . I have to delete mines as soon as I receive them. Some of them stay a bit longer in my phone but still eventually they also get deleted .

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I also delete the lot. On the spot. The ones I do need to keep for whatever reason, I back them up to Gmail with an app available on AndroidI hate clutter.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well. First I have to keep my bff texts coz like OMG she's so.....er whatever.Sexting maybe? Saving lolz cats? I don't know, honestly mine are deleted within hours or at least a day. I guess if you really have to track what Becky said about Johnny, or keep that amazing Justin Bieber conversation then you gotta get a Droid........er.....great endorsement there huh?Man, Apple fix this.....please.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Some messages don't get deleted due to the opportunity for blackmail. Others get deleted so if I ever get pulled over the cops can't read my late night nonsense. The imessage was a bit underwhelming. I guess I was hoping for more of a BBM type interface. I miss The groups that I belonged to and some of the people on there. I started the "Post Your Barcode" thread and I can tell you stories about some of the freaks and weirdos that I had messaging me. It was entertaining, and I enjoyed talking to people from all around the world. The photstream is kind of annoying but I do use other avenues for my photo backup so it ain't that big of a deal. I didn't have any issues with losing apps, pictures or contacts when I crossed the river to iOS5 so I can't comment on that. The reminders thing could be a nagging problem, but what's so hard about setting the reminder that you need money when you go to the airport at 3 o'clock. Why do you have to be fancy and set it up and to remind you once you get there? Just pretend it's the 90's and you don't have a smartphone to remind your dumb *** to take money out of the ATM. Tablets are for suckers so who cares if their notification bar doesnt occupy the whole screen. (I'm actually looking forward to the windows tablets or a xoom fire sale)The Newstand app is kid of dumb on an iPhone, but I'm sure it would look better on an iPad but like I said tablets are for momo's so who cares.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    "Why do you have to be fancy and set it up and to remind you once you get there? Just pretend it's the 90's and you don't have a smartphone to remind your dumb *** to take money out of the ATM"

Absolutely love that. Sometimes our smartphones make us less intelligent.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Out of all the things listed I think I'm most annoyed by Newsstand. Only the big names are present which is fine but C'Mon........ I see no reason our local papers can't get their act together and add content also. They don't b/c they lack money, talent and leadership, all while trying to hold on to the past.

Who still has the local paper delivered to their door and actually pays monthly for that? Really....... I know many are free and I have no issue with that.

I've decided to turn off Photostream for now. It's easy to turn on at any time and leaving it off will make it simpler to manage the oops pictures taken.

+ Reply to Thread