+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kdaddy
  • 1 Post By Mark Stone

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...st-BB-10-phone... Smartphone News forum

Article: Internal RIM documents show off more of BlackBerry 10; BlackBerry

Advertisement

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm still excited about my BB 9700! I've never had an address book, alarm clock, weather station, worldwide map program with gps, calender with appointment book, telephone, banking app, calculator, flashlight, tape recorder, sleep sounds machine, camera and video, and much more all in one pocket! And now I can have all that with metal edges and sharp corners? Captain, I've got to have more power, we are going to warp speed!
    dushdavj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdaddy View Post
    I'm still excited about my BB 9700! I've never had an address book, alarm clock, weather station, worldwide map program with gps, calender with appointment book, telephone, banking app, calculator, flashlight, tape recorder, sleep sounds machine, camera and video, and much more all in one pocket! And now I can have all that with metal edges and sharp corners? Captain, I've got to have more power, we are going to warp speed!
    Amen Brother! My 9700 was my favorite smartphone of all time except for my current 9780
    dushdavj likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    While I agree that there are those of us that still like our blackberries and have not yet defected to the other side, and the OS7 phones are probably the best BB's so far, and i personally (before you all jump down my throat i am speaking personally) would love to swap my 9800 for a 9900, however i am holding back for the BB10 as i am sure many others are. The thing is the hype for BB10 is good but the release is a long way away, if I were in charge of RIM I would pull out all the stops to release the phone before the next big Windows release and before the next IPhone, it needs to make a splash and not come out at the same time and be overwhelmed by the Apple machine, which it will be even if it is a better phone (again I am not saying it will be better, but it won't matter if it is released at the same time).

It will be difficult to keep the bus going, you have the SIII being released and pushed in the UK as the official phone for the Olympics, then with all the expectation will be released in the US and may well overshadow the BB10
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    While I agree that there are those of us that still like our blackberries and have not yet defected to the other side, and the OS7 phones are probably the best BB's so far, and i personally (before you all jump down my throat i am speaking personally) would love to swap my 9800 for a 9900, however i am holding back for the BB10 as i am sure many others are. The thing is the hype for BB10 is good but the release is a long way away, if I were in charge of RIM I would pull out all the stops to release the phone before the next big Windows release and before the next IPhone, it needs to make a splash and not come out at the same time and be overwhelmed by the Apple machine, which it will be even if it is a better phone (again I am not saying it will be better, but it won't matter if it is released at the same time).

It will be difficult to keep the bus going, you have the SIII being released and pushed in the UK as the official phone for the Olympics, then with all the expectation will be released in the US and may well overshadow the BB10
    I disagree. I feel that it is more crucial for RIM to release BB10 devices once the OS is polished and ready to go. If RIM were to release another "half-baked" product, like the Playbook before the OS2 upgrade, it would be a disaster.

I hope BB10 is successful, and I believe the key to its success is getting it finished prior to release.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I absolutely agree Laura, that's why they should do everything they can to ensure that a polished product is released as soon as possible
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread