+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...l-for-T-Mobile... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Install Android ICS 4.0.3 on Nexus S [Official] - T-Mobile.

Advertisement

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I installed it a couple of days ago, and be-warned: ICS 4.0.3 uses much more ram - I was constantly using ~30%, and now I am 25-35MB from 100% usage. It definitely feels a tiny bit laggy. That said, there are many clean up/improvements. The best part is the new predictive text and voice to text. Honestly, I think it's a great system that just needs better hardware -- aka: the Nexus Prime.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah I did it too. ICS is heavy on the RAM. But, what the heck, it's great ! Since it's a secondary phone I have, it's not loaded with apps. So the lag you talk about is not so evident. I'm anxiously waiting for ICS for the Note. I have ample RAM and whatnot...

PIN/ID
    N/A
    I am really considering going back...It's too heavy for the Nexus S.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    I felt the need for another update:

I found something a bit interesting. It seems that the "app optimization" that Android does from 3->4 screws some things when it comes to memory usage. If you just un-install any app that seems to be using a lot of memory and then re-install it clean INTO 4 (instead of carrying it over), everything works just fine. This way I was able to free up up to 150MB of cache ram, (vs the ~30 i had before). Things load faster now and the home screen doesn't take 1-2 seconds to render when hitting home.

Again, what's interesting is that even though the system is a bit rough around the edges, it brings absolutely amazing features.

+ Reply to Thread