+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Originally Posted by delfim Skype has somehow taken over from my cell phone calls. It's ... Smartphone News forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Skype has somehow taken over from my cell phone calls. It's cheaper, especially for international calls. My next step is doing away with the Vodafone plan I have when I have the opportunity and just get Web access and sms.
    Regarding BB I'm hopeful they'll will be a credible choice. But if they carry on launching new OS's to fix things and bugs and errors with BB10 like with all other past OS's, then I'll pass. I have no patience for that.
    Updates like we have on the other platforms I accept.
    The eternal search for the 'best' BB OS of the moment I cannot tolerate any longer.
    And that, ladies and gents, will be the greatest obstacle for RIM.
    So if they launch lots of new OS's and call them things like oh I don't know Ice Cream Sandwich or maybe Jelly Bean, to introduce new functionality that would be ok right?
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I definitely agree.

Android has progressed to the point where custom ROMs are not necessary for the average user. I know quite a few people who don't bother flashing ROMs and wouldn't even know what that is, but they still are happy with the performance of their Android devices.
    One thing with BB, I doubt that you will be able to have custom ROM's etc, they seem to lock it down pretty tight, although you can load a lot of Android Apps on the PlayBook. As you mentioned earlier Skype would be nice I used to use it a lot a couple of years ago, when my Mother was still alive and living in the UK, most the international calls I do now are for business and while Skype is used occasionally we prefer to use video conferencing with desk top sharing capabilities. Even then in the end we have to visit the places.

There aren't many TV programs these days I watch, stick mainly to the news, I lost interest in the TV when the reality shows took off, if I want to watch that sort of thing I just watch my family
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I stress your point: new functionality or functionalities. Or features. Generally updates to a fully functional OS. Something like iOS that has seen lots of features added without altering the basic OS. Or as with Android. Jelly Bean is an improvement on ICS and phones from over a year ago can be updated. And some even older.
    Unlike the incompatibilities between the OS 4, the 5 and 6 for instance. And all the bug fixes of each single one of the OS's. To add to this misery the fact that what was good for an OS on a particular phone model wasn't good for another.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Point taken Del, . I just really hope BB10 is good, if it can match the build quality of the Bold it could do well. One day. .....

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm critical of BB, maybe too much, for the reasons I mention. I do hope though that BB10 will address all those problems and be successful as well . I'll gladly go back to BB if that's the case.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    One thing with BB, I doubt that you will be able to have custom ROM's etc, they seem to lock it down pretty tight, although you can load a lot of Android Apps on the PlayBook. As you mentioned earlier Skype would be nice I used to use it a lot a couple of years ago, when my Mother was still alive and living in the UK, most the international calls I do now are for business and while Skype is used occasionally we prefer to use video conferencing with desk top sharing capabilities. Even then in the end we have to visit the places.

There aren't many TV programs these days I watch, stick mainly to the news, I lost interest in the TV when the reality shows took off, if I want to watch that sort of thing I just watch my family
    I'm actually comparing flashing ROMs on Android to installing hybrid OSes/shrinking the OS on BlackBerry.

The memory leaks were atrocious on my 9000/9700. I had to look for hybrids OSes/shrink the OS to keep the BlackBerry from getting laggy.

I know some Android users also flashed ROMs due to issues with lag.

My hope is that BB10 eliminates any need for hybrid OSes/Shrink-a-OS/BBSAK/etc.

I also despise reality shows. This was one of my favorite shows that I watched on Netflix.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12