+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Cents-An-Hour... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: INCONVENIENT TRUTH: Your iPhone Was Built, In Part, By 13 Year-Old

Advertisement

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    next time you pick up anything...look to see where it's made.chances are it might be made in China.If so...this article applies,not just to Apple....now how do you feel?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

What isn't made overseas anymore? Not much.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I agree. I've thought about this a bit and admit to having guilt, but continue to use my device.

As I sit there typing, I realize the clothes on my back, shoes only feet and this device were all made elsewhere.

What to do? Give everything up?

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    really sad.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Also next time you purchase a Lacoste item if it says made in Peru chances are 10-15 year old helped make your polo shirts with the croc some people love. It'd called globalization and no we cannot stop it. Why? Laws vary internationally and don't get me started on Tommy hilfiger in Jamaica. And the list goes on. Not to mention diamonds

PIN/ID
    Apple
    That's life in the global economy. I buy American made when ever there is the option but sadly that is getting rare. Money makes the world go around and sadly in China there is no enforcing of human rights. What would need to happen is for most to stand and say, no, we're not going to buy a product made in China(and damn sure wouldn't buy **** from Veitnam). But that's not going to happen. We want our products, we want them as cheaply as we can get them and business want to keep profits up. I'm own 3(soon to be 4) franchisees from a company that's been making things in the USA for 93 years. It comes with great pride that we still do and spend billions to make sure that it stays that way. It just the way it is these days. Sad for the people it effects but that's China. Like the article says, they could still be in the rice patties making $50 month. And then, sometimes the simplist of ways are the best. I've often wondered how great it must to have been to not have a telephone.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    And what is really sad. These brand name products even made here could sell for the same price, but these companies found a way to sky rocket their profits and they certainly not going to give it up. Not even too mention about quality. I came across an older dress shirt of mine that was made here and compared it to the same make that now is made else where. No comparison. The quality went down and a xl size now is the same as large then. When will this ever stop....................

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    The one that top my list and get my blood pressure really rising, is when I see an American flag sold in a store with a made in China tag. And I was not even born in the USA, came over from South Africa.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Title of this Thread should not include the word iPhone. What is that point? Remove iPhone and place any item sold in the US and it fits just as well as the word iPhone. Your insinuating they are the cause of all the terrible things associated with it. Truth is they are not, it's a much larger issue than that and it begins with Government Regulations.
    Last edited by srl7741; 01-16-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    chokem likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I wish that when I was 13 I was able to build something so awesome.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Oh god del you said something bad linked to apple the torches are gathering as you can see. This isnt the first time that apple has been involved with doing morally wrong things. Child labor, Extreme environmental polluting, questionable lawsuits (alot of them), Price fixing allegations to name a few. Theres no such thing as a squeky clean corporation but apple really takes the cake... Heres something interesting on this note: http://www.visualnews.com/2011/06/24...heir-business/
    jfcooley likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Remy, my hereo.
    {Popcorn}

PIN/ID
    Apple
    So how many stopped buying Exxon-Mobile fuel or BP fuel and products?? Every business does things that are...wait for it... In their best interests. And why shouldn't they??? If you don't buy Apple products based on something like this the I say, stop driving your car, stop buying anything electronic. Don't buy bicycles(80% are made in China,by you know who). Hell just don't come out of the house. Don't condem one then turn around and buy something else when they do the same or worse.
    This subject is far beyond Apple. They get thrown into it because they're the big boys on the block. Comes with the territory.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    A unified voice on Pinstack... What is today's date???
    I think we all agree that the world is a messed up place. Injustices are now commonplace. The sad thing is after this thread falls into the abyss of "old" threads, we will barely remember and we'll go about our days forgetting the child who is working for pennies or the child who is losing limbs in Sierra Leone.
    Keep this thought/thread with you at all times my friends. Stay educated...Stay informed... Stay thirsty!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast