+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...phones-in-2013... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: IN DEPTH: The State of Smartphones in 2013

Advertisement

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Good read but i think this was much in iphones favour, with gaming you want a big screen as gaming keys take up alot of space and as for video, the bigger screen alfcorse.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I agree. To say games and videos are better on that tiny, low resolution screen is ridiculous!

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Nope, they play fine and no issues with screen size. Resolution?? You're not seriously going to state that the iPhone has low resolution? LMAO.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I do agree that the larger screen is far better for any type of game, regardless of the quality of the iPhone screen. Playing games on that 4" screen gives you tunnel vision...

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Okay okay! I meant *lower* resolution screen. But this article clearly shows bias in the iPhone's favor. In doing so, discredits the entire article. Well that, and claiming that the Moto X is the best all around Android phone. Lol! That would be the Nexus 5 by a mile.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    The main points are best gaming,best music phone,best camera. For two of those categories. It's hard to beat the iPhone. Even with a smaller screen than its competitors, gaming is far better than Android.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I think you may have a case for gaming on the iPad do to great app development. But I don't care how well an app is made if the screen is only 4 inches. If you can deal with it fine, but to say its the best gaming experience on smartphones is ridiculous. And about that camera...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Camera? I'll stick to my Lumias. Especially the 1020. Its no contest. Regarding games, the bigger the screen the better it is.
    Productivity goes to WP8.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I agree about the camera Del. But notice how most reviews underrate the camera on the Nexus 5 and overrate the camera on the iPhone. When you can clearly see they are both comparable shooters. As an all around smartphone, the Nexus 5 can't be beat at the moment. Its solid in every category. I'll take the Note 3 for productivity.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    I don't care how big your screen is when the device can't handle the FPS required in advanced games. I don't care how many pixels your screen has when the GPU and CPU can't push enough to take advantage of them. See, it works both ways. You're looking at one aspect, screen size. Look at the over all package, doing that. It's hard to beat the iPhone. As far as the iPad goes, well, that's still on another planet to everyone else on everything. But gaming, I can play my iPhone games on my iPad and vice versa. About that camera, I haven't seen a Nexus 5 yet song can't give first hand opinions about it. What I can say is that if the Nexus 5 takes a great pic, that's great. But if your looking for more for your smartphone camera, it's iPhone all the way. The aftermarket accessories are just too big to ignore. Yes Del, the Lumina still kicks *** for this category.

+ Reply to Thread