+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.php?r=3794-IN-DEPTH... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: IN DEPTH: The Beginning of the End for Facebook?

Advertisement

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great article and very well written. Very valid points were made and I feel that consumers are in search for that new social network that will change the way they share their lives with others. Consumers lives are now consumed by such apps as path, pinterest and instagram. But... I have the feeling that Facebook will reinvent the way sharing is done... again.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yep, that's it. Facebook, Twitter and all the rest are fads. And like them, people will look for something new. FB and Twitter have revamped themselves because they already feel the pinch and strategically know they have to offer something new or reinvent what they do.Lets wait and see who will step forward for the rest of this decade.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I also agree with the article and never thought FB was anything other than the new AOL. What's different from when AOL's hay day is everything but FB is a fad and will certainly fade. The thing is FB is soo large it will never really go away and will remain for some time to come.

I don't have a FB account and never will but I do talk in length to those who do and I always pry into why they use it. The bottom line is this-They use FB b/c they know nothing about the Internet but it's easy to use and allows them to do things they don't know how to do or have time to learn. It simplify's things for them. Going forward the attack on FB comes from Mobile OS's and Apps maturing and becoming easier to use which gives everyone more options taking away from the FB funnel or being the only way to communicate or share.

Email is a dead tech actually but will remain for numerous reason. FB will be around for a long time but I do see people using it less and less for a variety of reasons. Keep in mind as I always remind others.

Your stuff is no longer your stuff on FB. In a few years you will see a NEW trend of Men/Women legally changing their names and one reason will be to hide from things like past FB activities. I doubt we hear much about that idea but it's already happening.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Your last statement is actually very frightening. Yes, it's happening, in more ways than what you describe. FB, Twitter and all the rest are a godsend for the CIA, the NSA, the ex-KGB and all these intelligence agencies that gather information on their citizens. If a revolution has to take place, a change of government anywhere (coup d'etat) or any anti democratic action, the info is already in place. No need to hunt or spy or to have counter spies for it. The same way, any political hound can stay in power just by monitoring the actions of his citizens and deploy actions to control.This is frightening.If this technology was in place in the 30's or 40's, the dictators of the time would have had a ball...

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    The bottom line is this-They use FB b/c they know nothing about the Internet but it's easy to use and allows them to do things they don't know how to do or have time to learn. It simplify's things for them.

Email is a dead tech actually but will remain for numerous reason.
    just a comment on this...I'm sure that's the case for many FB users but probably not for the majority.Email isn't a substitute for FB at all.FB is mostly just for general conversation with people that you "friend". You might post something trivial or stupid and it might strike up a conversation with several other people.FB is also a nice tool to kinda keep in touch with old friends that you don't see any more.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I should clarify my email comment by saying i started to roam off topic meant for another thread someday.

I work with so many people who can barley send email and only by way of fwd: and when they do send an original email the first paragraph of the email is also the Subject line.

Those very same people know FB like the back of their hand and live on it. It's an odd duck (the topic of FB and it's users)

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    lol...gotcha. are they geezers?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I work with so many people who can barley send email and only by way of fwd: and when they do send an original email the first paragraph of the email is also the Subject line.
    ROFL. These people make me scream. Sometimes I wish I had the ability to punch people through a computer monitor.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I created so many "Rules" in Outlook so most of it gets deleted and never reaches my inbox. One example is anything with "fwd:" gets deleted immediately.

Boss always asks if I received his email and I say "No"

Here is another example, kinda getting off topic but it's funny:
    Person sends an email, moments later phones rings and I'm asked if I received the email.
    Don't even get me started on the darn printing habits some people have

+ Reply to Thread