+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...t-Galaxy-Phone... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Why I'm Ridiculously Excited For Samsung's Next Galaxy Phone

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I want. I don't want. I want. I am of two minds and I've touched on why a few times.

The arms race is getting tiring, but not really why I am torn. If you are an android fan and root your phones, maybe you can relate. You buy, and if you are one of the earliest adopters there is pain that comes with the pride. I expirienced this with the Evo 3D when I had it. The waiting and waiting for root. Then the waiting for cooked ROMs, then the waiting for custom ROMs. Then the endless tweaks that a geek like me applies. Its a hard life.....

When I jumped to the S2 it was a bit easier. I found one ROM and stuck with it until the ICS leaks. Basically I am spoiled and whining about it. So the S3 wows me, beckons. I see its wishlist of specs and find I'm impersonating Pavlovs dog. Say S3 and I drool. I just wonder if I have the time to indulge my ocd.

Who am I kidding? I will check the web over and over on the 3rd. I will save the pics and blow them up, pouring over every inch. I will pray it wont be until September for sprint to get it. I will quit smoking to pay for it. In essence, I will become Samsungs bitch.Apple fans may feel the same, so we have that in common. I WILL own this, I will begin the dance again.

I have a hunch I will have a huge smile as I do. ©

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I just updated the picture. From what I can see here, and especially the Sammy rep in Porto, the picture above is about as true as it will get. How does he know? He's been in Lisbon for some marketing and retail prep regarding the launch of the SIII. It's going to be the "official" smartphone for the London Summer Olympics, and so all the cogs of the marketing machine are starting to roll.
    It's exciting. The specs are (confirmed by the rep) going to blow all the opposition. For a few months at least, until everyone else catches up.
    I'm in the mind of maybe making use of the invite I got. I'll hop in Porto (I can walk to the airport) on a Ryanair flight in the early morning to London/Stansted, and I'll be back late at night. It'll give me enough time there. I hope I can reschedule a few things... I need a trip to placate my nerves...

Wonder if it will get a Sprint treatment. So a mix of Nexus and S2. I will assume there is an sd slot. I'm a little concerned given the rumor of a ceramic back, and I doubt Sammy will add a slot outside. Afraid of the price. My guess is $299, which will make me ditch the S2. Kind of want to hold on to it. I can always dream about a $199 price point. Sadly don't think it will happen.

Just read a 16 and 32gb version. Leads me to believe there is no sd.

So, 16gb will most likely hit @ $199 and I bet the 32 will be $299.

I can get the nexus for $199 - $115 for the S2 @32gb.

Wondering what to do.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The price here, carrier free, is slotted at 699 Euros. You know how much that is in US$? Yikes... so stop whinin' !

Well, I am starting to consider the nexus more. Wife says relax and wait and see.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Screenshot_2012-04-16-23-47-05.jpg

Thats my Nexus . Uploaded from it.

I was just looking at the upgrade status. I have 45 days. One line is available now but its not my line.
    Guess I will wait and see.

Yes you had one guy, but you didn't keep it did you? I am slightly worried about waiting 20 months for another upgrade.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I didn't keep it, no. But I got another...
    To good to keep away from.

Called sprint. Over the phone I can upgrade on May 18th. Doing that loses any trade in value though.
    Think at this point I'd only do it if hell freezes over and the S3 is in by the end/mid may. Doubtful since it hasn't gone through FCC yet and wont until after announced

+ Reply to Thread