+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Android-users... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: HTC: Widgets not important to most Android users

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Eh. Its sense. No mttrt what it's sense...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Blinkfeed is interesting. It's a more elaborate offering than Live Tiles offered by Windows 8, and also the new BB10. I think it's a great step forward for Android and I'm sure the devs will be working on similar offerings for other Android users. I can tell you it's quite nice and useful. Simple and very informative of things you need to know. The rest of the widgets I'm used to, all of sudden seem redundant.
    But for now you'll have to be patient and wait for my What I Say...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'll wait. Right now I'm banging my head against the brick wall that is touchwiz. Omg I'm getting irritated.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Lightbulb

Widgets are one of Android's most important assets. I have 7 home screens and each have at least 1 essential widget for my life. Example:

These 10 little widgets track trains and buses in my city with stunning accuracy. They give me so many different options when traveling. Whether it be work, or anywhere I need to be, they almost guarantee I get there on time. They're so convenient, that I rarely drive, which saves me on gas. The Zillow widget is great as well. I'm always on the lookout for good bargains on real estate. Found some great deals over the past year thanks to this.

See that's what its about HTC. I feel these smartphones are meant to be powerful tools to help me be more efficient in my life. I'm not enthusiastic about Blinkfeed from what I've seen. I don't do much social networking, so I don't want a constant feed of it. Yes it's pretty. But form follows function in my opinion. For my needs, and the way I use them, nothing is more functional than widgets. Another huge reason why the other operating systems are years behind Android.

HTC needs to focus less attention on software and more on killer hardware. Sense is just plain bad. Notorious for silly little bugs that drive you crazy. I bet Blinkfeed will drain your battery in the blink of an eye! Their hardware has been good lately, but they're playing catch up. They can't afford to just be good enough. They have to kill it! Amazing they really don't understand.
    Last edited by rdills; 03-03-2013 at 03:23 AM.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    From what I see, Blinkfeed is a feature for those that need to be updated with social media on the go, and many other apps are climbing into this new widget.
    This is a standard setup, out of the box, and there are only two home pages that work with Blinkfeed activated.
    Switch Blinkfeed off, and you land up with the normal amount of home pages and widgets that you need.
    I've used Nova Launcher and it works fine. But I kept on hopping back to Blinkfeed because it's quite efficient in updating all your chosen apps. The apps/widgets I use are easily accessible via the drawer anyway.
    The screen is vivid even in bright daylight which is a plus.
    The hardware specs are excellent, and the smartphone as a whole is a great piece of tech. Well finished.
    And good to look at too.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I'll wait. Right now I'm banging my head against the brick wall that is touchwiz. Omg I'm getting irritated.
    its not touchwiz its Android in General. try ios

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Blinkfeed is interesting. It's a more elaborate offering than Live Tiles offered by Windows 8, and also the new BB10. I think it's a great step forward for Android and I'm sure the devs will be working on similar offerings for other Android users. I can tell you it's quite nice and useful. Simple and very informative of things you need to know. The rest of the widgets I'm used to, all of sudden seem redundant.
    But for now you'll have to be patient and wait for my What I Say...
    looking forward to it

+ Reply to Thread