+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...fight-big-time... Smartphone News forum

Article: HTC vs Samsung: Why HTC is losing the fight big time

Advertisement

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Am gonna have to disagree with some parts of this. Samsung is king because they are doing something that we consumers wants all the android OEMs, Windows OEMs, and RIM to do; that is no exclusivity.

How many carriers carry the SGS3 is on, as to the One X? That is why HTC is hurting. The plying field would be level if HTC moved away from exclusive rights. This was also apples down fall during the start of the Iphone movement.

Due to the 4g, and LTE data speeds, the number of folks buying a device on a carrier to unlock and use on the carrier they have a contract have greatly decreased. I know cause I was one of them. So everyone who wants a One X on Tmo, and the other GSM networks would be taking a great loss if they buy an unlock att or Euro one X.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I can tell you from reading around that HTC is still having quality issues. On the whole its not horrible but its enough to ding the reputation.

I had the Evo 3D and the S2, I felt the s2 was much better. Quicker and more responsive. I prefer the AMOLED screens as well.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Seeing as this is a forum that is concerned with small mobile gadgets that help us communicate over vast distances, we tend to get rapped up in the microcosm of the said devices. We forget quite how big Samsung is and how far reaching it's tentacles spread. It is easier to state what Samsung doesn't make then what they do. They don't at the moment make cars (notice I qualify it with."at the moment"). They do make a lot of components in the car. Look around your house and check how many items are made by Samsung or have Samsung parts, even the IPhone has Samsung bits. Air cons, Tv's, flat screens, fridges, ranges, microwaves, etc etc. So what are we looking at massive resources financially, people, factories, if they don't outshine the competition then they are going very very wrong somewhere. Just my take on the situation

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I can solve their problems, and beat Samsung with one device. Why do all these companies seem so clueless? Imagine an HTC device with similar styling to the one x with,

4.6" super AMOLED Plus screen. 1080p
    3000+ mAh battery. Removable!
    Stock Jelly bean. Yes stock! Maybe the only thing you keep from sense is that theme switcher.
    Quad core snapdragon.
    2GB of RAM.
    Sdcard slot.
    Sony's camera technology. 12mp
    Release it on all carriers simultaneously.

And win the game! The days of spoon feeding us is over. Come with it or die!
    Last edited by rdills; 08-10-2012 at 02:40 AM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Wish that these guys would learn that not all folks want to root to get stock Android.

+ Reply to Thread