+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...sung-Galaxy-S5... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: HTC One (M8) vs Samsung Galaxy S5

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I played with an S5 today at a sprint store. Beautiful screen, not a fan of the design in any way. The chrome edge that runs around it looked cheap and outdated. I found the back to be laughable. It feels like hard plastic, with dimples. I was thinking about getting one but the feel turned me off completely. The S4 feels (in my opinion) looks and feels better.

Touchwiz looks much better. I liked the settings menu, the quick settings, and the overall look of things. It was speedy, and I found it nicely done. I couldn't use the camera or the new features so I'm not sure about those.

We wanted to compare it to the M8 but they didn't have one. Cassie is trying to decide between getting one or keeping her One.

Right now, I would say skip the 5. I liked what I saw of the software, but I hated the appearance and feel. Clearly Samsung is scared to take a risk on changing the design of the galaxy line. This feels stale, been there bought that.

Just my opinion

KatieMcLarson12 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree with you. I got my S5 the other day, and I really liked the screen too, but the feel of the outside was cheap and aesthetically unpleasing. When there is a case on it, I dont mind it as much. Not sure why Samsung didnt come out with a better looking backing for the new phone. There was so much hype about the new one, im surprised they didnt spend more time on the design. I found a pretty cheap case on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IZQIKMQ/

I hope this helps!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    As far as design is concerned Samsung, regardless of its international or more specifically western exposure cannot help show their Korean heritage. Tacky!

KatieMcLarson12 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I first received it. I had an upgrade on my phone plan, and I ordered it before I had a chance to see it in person (note to self: always check it out in the store before ordering). Now that ive had it for a few days, it doesn't bother me as much. Plus with a case on it, I cant really see the ugly silver frame on it.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    As far as design is concerned Samsung, regardless of its international or more specifically western exposure cannot help show their Korean heritage. Tacky!
    I'm Korean and I'm very offended by this statement.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Now I know why you are so weird.

+ Reply to Thread