+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ogle-Nexus-One... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Article: HTC Legend vs HTC Desire vs Google Nexus One

Advertisement

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I recommend you continue to watch-look-listen and feel. That way when your contract is up you will know exactly which Android device is best for you.

"RIM dazzle you this year" is just not going to happen. Between Android, Apple's next iPhone and Windows Mobile 7 Series devices, by the end of 2010 RIM will be 4th on that list. We won't see official Stats till early 2011 but it's going to happen.

Android (Google) and Windows (WM7S) Have all learned what works and they are moving quickly towards having the complete eco system.

Sprint's Evo (Android) is just another example of how great Android will be and it's going to become expected soon in all mobile devices.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I too, was at one point a die hard BB user. And then I got tired of the same old boring specs coming out and it being passed as a whole "NEW" device. I made the jump to Android when the MyTouch 3g, and now have a N1. I love this platform and don't llok to change anytime soon!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    HTC is making some beautiful devices, my Android choices with Verizon were the HTC Eris or the Moto Droid. I chose the Moto because of the 2.0 version of the OS(vs 1.6 on the Eris) and the physical keyboard...really thought I would need/want it. But there are so many choices for touch keyboards(I have 4 installed on my Droid right now) that I honestly only use the physical keyboard when I want to change ROMs, need to hold the X key while powering on to reboot into recovery mode...that's the only time the physical keyboard sees the light of day.

Keep up the Android love HTC!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I want the legend. BAD. 1piece aluminium body. Very nice. Looking toward to the new Apple and OS updates on my nexus. Score one for Google and HTC.

milomissionary no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anybody know if the T_mobile Bravo (which is an HTC Expreso) will come out this summer?

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    RIM started the smarted phone era. Android, Apple, etc perfected it. Can't wait for my future Nexus One. Good bye BB. You will be missed.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    RIM started the smarted phone era. Android, Apple, etc perfected it. Can't wait for my future Nexus One. Good bye BB. You will be missed.
    Actually Palm started the trend with mobile devices. The PDA's of old were the beginning. I remember when Compaq's IPAQ was going to be the device to rival the Palm Pilot. Sprint had a device some years back and for the life of me I can't remember the manufacturer, but it was the first actual smartphone I remember playing with. I was a manager at RadioShack at that time and I remember it was big, ugly, had a monochrome display, and you had to open it up to get the phone function.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Oops. Sorry.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I recall the IPAQ and had one. I made a huge mistake not long ago while cleaning the garage out to throw it away. I had everything Box and all and could not find anyone to take it. It was in perfect condition. So i tossed it in the dumpster.

I'm such a moron sometimes. I can't believe I did that. I'm still kicking myself over it. (DOH!)

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Unfortunately, I do not have any of the phones in the round-up. However, I do have an HTC Hero and it is a very solid device. The feel of the phone is leaps ahead of anything RIM has come out with. It has a heft and solid feel that I cannot fully describe. The software is no slouch either, even running cupcake I am definitely satisfied. Also, looking forward to the 2.1 update I think that it is still an great device that is on par with the Legend (except for the awesome unibody aluminum!!).

After reading the review, I think that I would personally be leaning toward the Nexus One. I hope that Google succeeds in getting this phone available on EVERY carrier in off contract form (are you listening Cellular South!)

+ Reply to Thread