+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...to-Outlook-com... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: How to Make the Move from Hotmail to Outlook.com

Advertisement

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Great article. I'm strictly a GMail users now... I gave up on Hotmail. People I know are not pleased with the recent changes but making the switch from an email address you've had for a long time is difficult. I wonder if Hotmail users for 15 years will jump ship?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I've had a Hotmail account for about that long and changed over to Outlook. Still only use it when I don't want to give out one of my good emails. Same with Yahoo.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have or should I say had I am Gmail myself I don't think the format is bad it's the spam and junk mail I get enough from Gmail

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Gmail is simple and efficient (here I go again), easily controllable and as far as junk and spam, it's also quite good in filtering most of the unwanted mail.
    Outlook is better than Hotmail, definitely. But just the thought of having Outlook run on my PC, as useful as it may be for some, irks me to no end. The setup, the contacts everything really gets changed. The Outlook formatting of everything stuffs up any sync you may have to do with other platforms; either the information you have gets changed to what Outlook thinks is right, or Outlook changes any format that is right for you. It still does that with this new Outlook.
    Forget it Microsoft. You either play ball with the rest of the db's out there or you're condemned to die a lonely death. No one in their right minds will go back to such a problematic format.
    If the major players (today Google and iOS) are able to work and sync well, on the fly and across each platform regardless of the original setup and respect your formats and choices, why must anyone conform to Microsoft/Windows norms?
    Meh!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This article isn't about the Microsoft Outlook client on your PC. This Outlook is still the web-based email that Hotmail was. Instead of going to www.hotmail.com, you go to www.outlook.com. No need to run Outlook on your PC.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah, I know, but try run your "old" Outlook on Office 365 and see what it does...whatever, the easiness Microsoft professes is hogwash. Or maybe I just don't want to be bothered with so much clutter. That's probably the reason.

+ Reply to Thread