+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By dushdavj
  • 1 Post By BHP77
  • 2 Post By dushdavj
  • 1 Post By catstide
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 2 Post By lak611

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...berry-PlayBook... Smartphone News forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Article: How I Use My Blackberry PlayBook

Advertisement

srl7741 and lak611 like this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Right ! A lovely read of the practical use of the Playbook, in this case. And that's what matters...the use you can make of it , its compatibility, easiness of use. Ultimately satisfaction that the product you invested in works for you, makes you more efficient and proud. Well done Dave.But...-300C ? Thats cryogenic. Dead. Solid ice. You meant -30şC for sure...not even your Playbook.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks Del, copy and paste to the this site changed the 0 to 0 as I did not put the codes around it, it was definitely -300C and not -300C RLOL.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hmm wont let me change it!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Excellent write up!! This is one of the many reasns that this market will be bigger than PCs this year.
    dushdavj likes this.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Excellent write up!! This is one of the many reasns that this market will be bigger than PCs this year.
    Thank you, after finding it so useful, I felt RIM needed some positive remarks about their tablet, especially as I was using it for work, and it saved me time.
    Delfim and lak611 like this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Good stuff! I'm not real surprised(well a little i guess).BB has always been a workhorse.
    dushdavj likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Great read, Dave! Thanks for sharing. A +1 in the book for RIM.
    dushdavj likes this.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I don't expect the Playbook to become a huge seller. However, if RIM continues to support it, it might be successful for specialized business uses, such as yours.
    srl7741 and dushdavj like this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks for the coments. I was reading on Crackberry.com today that the PlayBook currently has increased its share of the Canadian market from 5% to 15% while the IPad share has reduced from 86% to 68%. Now I know what the comments will be, what do you expect when they reduced the price so much, which is true, after all I bought a 64Gb model due to the reduced prices. However as far as I am concerned it is good news because it should mean more developers coming on board for more Apps, more Apps mean more people will purchase it, and the sprial will hopefully continue expanding. It is also interesting to see that there are rumors that Apple is considering an 8" Tablet, could be a good move to catch that side of the market (the Kindle competitor). Personally as I said earlier the PlayBook is a very solid well built tablet (doesn't look as cool as the IPad) it has a good operating system (particularly with vs 2.0) coming out and there is already talk of 3.0 in the works. In addition they have leaked that a docking station with 2 USB ports, HDMI out, network cable out, WiFi, will be available, if this is true it is most definitely something I would buy since it would give me the option to load pictures directly from my camera when returning from a hike, rather than having to carry my notebook everywhere. It will not replace a notebook computer since the software is not as fully functional as that on my PC (this I believe is true for all tablets), however it will remove the need to take the computer out so much, for example ease of use of planes, at the worksite, on location, hiking, etc., as they said on the rig it's almost small enough to be able to text and drive (Disclaimer: Texting and Driving is not recommended, nor is talking on a handheld device. It is most certainly something I would never consider!!!)

+ Reply to Thread