+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...data-is-coming... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Hold on to your hats. The death of unlimited mobile data is coming

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Read this earlier. Pure speculation on the authors part. While Sprint and T-Mobile have unlimited I'm sure those customers who enjoy it would drop them if it were to go away. I would.

I read many comments where grandfathered plans on At&t/Verizon would leave if they were to lose their unlimited. Hell people are willing to buy phones at full price to keep the plans.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post

I read many comments where grandfathered plans on At&t/Verizon would leave if they were to lose their unlimited. Hell people are willing to buy phones at full price to keep the plans.
    That's what I'm doing.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I've been with T-Mobile for about 13 years and was grandfathered into their latest and greatest family plan which I'm pretty darn satisfied with, but====

If they were to start messing with the unlimited part I might be forced to look elsewhere. Right now they are the best deal in town for me. I have 6 active lines

Well here in Cville AT&T & Verizon are everywhere. They both have better speeds, but Sprint offers unlimited which I take full advantage of. I've used nearly 50 gigs one month. Its all I have to connect. Obviously the speeds suck. NTelos owns the towers and is in a kissing match with Sprint, while Shentel has built out amazingly quick to the north and its agonizing.

I will leave eventually. Even at $25 a month I want unlimited. Would like my speeds to increase though.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    50G'S!

Cooley... god status... . . ... .. I bet you downloaded a dozen Roms that month, huh buddy!

I hardly use my data that much. Between me and the kid we use about 3 Gigs a month on a 10gig plan. Thinking about lowering it, but I have tethering included so an iPad may be mine for my birthday.

Without unlimited sucks though...

I remember the cold chill that went through my body, two days into our month, when I saw that she used half of our data on episodes of cake boss before school.

I called Sprint about something unrelated that month. The rep laughed at my usage and actually encouraged me.

Most of that was for ROMs. Think it was the month I got the S4 and a lot of the stock ROMs were over a gig. I don't use as much now though I do tether the N7 and the PS4 for the boys. They can't play online but they download extra content.

I try to wait until Sunday now to DL larger stuff. The church has screaming WiFi so....

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I don't use much data myself because I'm on wifi 95% of the time. I have 2.5 gigs on my line, 3 lines have 1/2 and another has 2.5 gigs. The sixth line is separate with no data. I never ever get even close to a gig with my phone and I flash rom's quite a bit but screamin quick wifi is awesome

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    ^^^ And that's why I kinda have to laugh at people who scream for unlimited data (and if I'm honest, I'm one of those who thinks it's "nice to have"). Fact is, in most cases, wifi is everywhere, so it's a very small percentage that go above 4-5gb a month.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hey guys, old and grandfathered, listen here:
    We had it good in the EU as well, but not as good as in the US. I was always com complaining. And then the little we had, phhhht!
    Unless , of course, you are 90 years old and accompanied by your grandfather when you sign up...
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-12-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Well I've only used 4 gigs this month...not billing period....month.

+ Reply to Thread